New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Major Lightroom Error!!

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Major Lightroom Error!!

Can someone help me? Today while attempting to add a single key word to about 400 images, I ended up deleting all the key words! I did not notice this had happened until many hours later. These 400 images were in different places so were key worded by location and what was in the image. I just wanted to add one key word, the city these locations were found in. Didnt work as now all key words are gone.

How can I recover all this lost information? I have a Lightroom catalogue back up but have never needed to use it before. Is there any easy way to get all those key words back there?

I'm using LR4 on a Mac.

Thanks!!!

Jul 14, 2013 at 07:30 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Major Lightroom Error!!

From the Adobe site:

Restore a backup catalog

Choose File > Open Catalog.
Navigate to the location of your backed up catalog file.
Select the backed up .lrcat file and click Open.
(Optional) Copy the backed up catalog to the location of the original catalog to replace it.

Jul 14, 2013 at 09:22 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Major Lightroom Error!!

DanBrown wrote:
From the Adobe site:

OK, but this leads to a potential problem. The images with the lost key words are several months old. Assume that many images have been imported and developed since the last back up catalogue. What happens to the data on these images once I replace the current catalogue with the old one?

Thanks for your help!

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Major Lightroom Error!!

rattymouse wrote:
OK, but this leads to a potential problem. The images with the lost key words are several months old. Assume that many images have been imported and developed since the last back up catalogue. What happens to the data on these images once I replace the current catalogue with the old one?

Thanks for your help!

Well you go back to the last backup before you f*#ked up not when you imported the images . Obviously any work after that will not be kept .
But maybe before going back to your backup you could export (as original as that exports the sidecar file as well I think) any images you know were worked after that backup date . Then you import thos images into LR .

Jul 15, 2013 at 01:01 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Major Lightroom Error!!

I think I get what you are saying. It's not a direct solution but should work in the end if all the steps are followed accurately. I can change to the older catalogue, have a look around and if I dont like what I see, I can go back to the current one without any harm done.

Thanks again!

Jul 15, 2013 at 02:59 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.