New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Canada CPS Platinum cleaning

trueimage
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Canada CPS Platinum cleaning

I have a 5D2 that has some dust on the sensor I can't get off with a blower, and I bought it 2nd hand so I thought getting a "clean and check" from CPS might be a good idea but:

- I'm not sure about the cost, maybe it would be better to pay a local shop to do it, or buy a kit to do it myself?
- I thought I would receive some vouchers a few months after signing up? But it has been over 2 months now and all I got with the welcome kit was a water bottle and a pen and some other crap...

Any advice from Canadian CPS members would be great (since I know the program here is different from the USA)

Thanks

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:11 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Canada CPS Platinum cleaning

CPS USA offers vouchers for clean and check, not CPS Canada. CPS Canada offers fixed-rate repairs on L-series lenses and pro cameras, and substantial discounts on new equipment purchases, CPS USA does not.

I clean my camera sensors myself, using (i) VisibleDust Arctic Butterfly for "dry" cleaning, (ii) VisibleDust Sensor Clean and Vswabs for "wet" cleaning, and occasionally, a LensPen SensorKlean brush/pen thingy for small and stubborn spots. It sounds like you could use a wet cleaning.

Fixed rates: http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/inFrame?m=showInFrame&url=http://canoncanada-pro.custhelp.com/app/home&type=CPS

Jul 14, 2013 at 07:58 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.