Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Insight/thoughts?

Buckeye1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Insight/thoughts?

The image below is the actual ceremony location. The lighting condition should be what you see here. The pastor will be facing the camera as can be seen in the image. The B&G will of course have their backs to me at times and will turn and face each other at times. Would you expose the way I have it now so that the B&G will be properly exposed and let the outside all blown out? The bride is African/American and has much darker skin than the groom.

I am also facing the challenges of properly exposed the B&G images after the ceremony. May be a small reflector just to the bride's face area?

Any insight is very welcomed, thanks in advance!!

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Insight/thoughts?

Do you have to stick to the back or can you get a front/angled view?

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:37 PM
Buckeye1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Insight/thoughts?

It is a very narrow passage and will be very distracting as well to get up there. Three feet in front of the table is where the B&G will stand.

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:15 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Insight/thoughts?

I mean by the curtains - it looks like a very small ceremony I don't think they will mind you getting into position for better angle/light but you can certainly ask.

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:46 PM
tobicus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Insight/thoughts?

I would expose for the couple and forget the rest.

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:51 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Insight/thoughts?

shoot it just like that

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:57 AM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Insight/thoughts?

You may want to add some fill flash when shooting from that angle (bounce off the ceiling?).

Hopefully you can move around so you're near the curtains so you can see their faces (and the lighting will be better from that side)
- perhaps you can move the chairs away from the wall so there's enough room for you to move around the outside - less distracting that way

Jul 14, 2013 at 07:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Buckeye1
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Insight/thoughts?

scottam10 wrote:
You may want to add some fill flash when shooting from that angle (bounce off the ceiling?).

Hopefully you can move around so you're near the curtains so you can see their faces (and the lighting will be better from that side)
- perhaps you can move the chairs away from the wall so there's enough room for you to move around the outside - less distracting that way

Yes, we are moving the chairs and allow more room for but. Unfortunately, the large bridal party on each side took away some of that benefit.

There is flash during the ceremony.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2013 at 02:26 PM
alejmr

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Insight/thoughts?

I woul use fill flash.... expose and concentrate on the couple

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:27 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Insight/thoughts?

Exactly what 'tobicus' and 'hardlyboring' said. I would expose for the couple and blow those windows out completely.

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:32 PM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Insight/thoughts?

I'm no expert by any means, but I would try to use some fill flash here. I shot something like this once (not a wedding) - I exposed for the face and blew out the rest. The problem was in my situation (yours might be different), the backlighting was so strong that the light wrapped around the faces and destroyed detail on the edges to the point where I could not get it back. It's hard to explain, wish I could find a sample, but that was a long time ago

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:45 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Insight/thoughts?

I remember when I first saw this. I thought, "What's wrong with that?"

Jul 29, 2013 at 06:22 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Insight/thoughts?

Looks like some nice light. Not sure I would bother with fill (and I use way too much flash).

Expose for the faces, try not to clip the dress. The only way I would underexpose more is if you were shooting with a d800 or d600, and then only by a stop or so.

Is there any way you could stash a camera on a tripod facing the bride's face? I would hate to not have any shots from that angle.

Jul 29, 2013 at 06:38 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password