Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · help with c1 and c2 settings

sidwin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · help with c1 and c2 settings

I just got my first full frame 6d and i love the pictures i'm taking so far.

I have a 50d and rebel xt before and obviously this is going to be a steep learning curve for me.

I love taking night shots without a flash of landscape such as bridges, cars, etc.

I take a lot of indoor photos in low lit situations of family. I'm usually using a 24-70L gen 1.

Can some one please share what are the settings you are using for those two scenarios?

I recently went to North Dakota and we stopped at Devil's tower. the stars were amazing. pacholka.jpg can someone tell me what setting i would have to do to pull off a shot like this? I also have a 85mm, 50mm and 100-400L lens. which lens would be the easiest to take a shot like that?

Thanks,
Sid

Edited on Jul 13, 2013 at 03:14 PM · View previous versions

Jul 13, 2013 at 07:54 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · help with c1 and c2 settings

If this is pics from the Wally Pacholka website? Youare not supposed to post it. He is selling those pics and have the copyright

Jul 13, 2013 at 08:06 AM
sidwin

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · help with c1 and c2 settings

I bought the picture autographed from him. That link is from NASA which also acquired the rights from him. The one that he sales is autographed and serial number.

Thanks

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · help with c1 and c2 settings

There are many threads in the Landscape forum that present similar work and explain in detail how the photographer made the image. Just do a search for "milky way" or "astrophotography". Here is one Featured thread to get you started.

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:18 PM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · help with c1 and c2 settings

sidwin wrote:
I bought the picture autographed from him. That link is from NASA which also acquired the rights from him. The one that he sales is autographed and serial number.

Thanks

So you obviously understand that the photographer licenses his images, and yet you still post one of his photos on a web site without his permission?

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:28 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · help with c1 and c2 settings

sidwin wrote:

Thanks

Then you should know that you can't post his pictures on the web

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:01 PM
sidwin

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · help with c1 and c2 settings

I didn't post his picture. I posted a link of that has the picture from an authorized site. If you noticed the link was NASA who has his permission to post his picture. I did not download or upload a single file but to save further cluttering if the thread I removed the embedded link.

But thanks for the advice mitesh. I will check out that thread.

Thanks - Sid

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · help with c1 and c2 settings

sidwin wrote:
I didn't post his picture. I posted a link of that has the picture from an authorized site. If you noticed the link was NASA who has his permission to post his picture. I did not download or upload a single file but to save further cluttering if the thread I removed the embedded link.

But thanks for the advice mitesh. I will check out that thread.

Thanks - Sid

Of course you posted the image. We could all see it for a long time. Then you edit your first post and took it away. It was not a link. It was the image....
And I only have to click on the "View previous versions" then I can see it again

Jul 13, 2013 at 04:30 PM
sidwin

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · help with c1 and c2 settings

Then right click and you will see it is a link that is embedded... Jeez if I uploaded then how come you don't see the picture as a downloadable file

Jul 13, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · help with c1 and c2 settings

I looked at it before. And sidwin you posted the photo here. You are just ridicilous if you are saying that all people here didn't see the photo. And we didn't have to click on any link either

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:03 PM
sidwin

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · help with c1 and c2 settings

I embedded the link so you all wouldn't have to click on it.. I honestly thought that would be more helpful than making everyone click on the link. but in the future to make sure i simplify and not violate anyone's copy right permissions i will not embed the links anymore. Thanks for everyone pointing that out.
src="xttp://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0907/devilstower_pacholka.jpg"

if you look at the src code it is clearly URL from nasa. The photo was never downloaded from NASA onto this site or was it ever uploaded to this website. That was done in hopes in keeping Wally's hard earned work to the locations that has his permission.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:05 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · help with c1 and c2 settings

sidwin wrote:
I embedded the link so you all wouldn't have to click on it..
src="xttp://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0907/devilstower_pacholka.jpg"

if you look at the src code it is clearly URL from nasa.

Then you did post it. And you are not allowed to do so.

Fred Miranda also say this in his rules here:

"•Do not violate copyright laws, or misrepresent someone else's work as your own (link the images, do not embed them in your post). You may not use or publish any of the photographs displayed on these pages without express permission from the original photographer. No exceptions."

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:11 PM
sidwin

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · help with c1 and c2 settings

Lasse Eriksson wrote:
Then you did post it. And you are not allowed to do so.

Fred Miranda also say this in his rules here:

"•Do not violate copyright laws, or misrepresent someone else's work as your own (link the images, do not embed them in your post). You may not use or publish any of the photographs displayed on these pages without express permission from the original photographer. No exceptions."

And if you read my post above.... if that is the rules, then i will no longer embed links.. I thought that was being helpful when asking a question.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:14 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password