Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

23% and 100%

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 23% and 100%

Photo Ninja then CS6 for crop & export. BW conversion using PN 'neutral'.

Any thoughts?

Bob

23% image

NIKON D7000    55mm    f/2.8    1/1600s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  

100%

bare bones - default color correction, everything else 'off'

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · 23% and 100%

from terrible noise to very usable image. Skin might be a bit too smooth but a minor issue in an action shot, a positive attribute in a portrait of a baby or woman.
Not sure I understand the percentages. Is the first image a non crop version and the second a 23% crop?
Is the Ninja in PS and enable you to brush in the effect, mask, etc?

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · 23% and 100%

ISO 3200, 1/1600 in a gymnasium ...

If I'm following correctly, ooc then apply color correction only (no noise adjustment applied yet) to get 3rd image. 4th image @ conversion to mono. 1st & 2nd image with noise adjustment. 1st image full image (or mild comp crop), 2nd image @ 100% to reveal detail ... is that correct?

The image looks much cleaner than I would have guessed it for a low light, high iso image. Your still pushing me closer to a software trial.

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:13 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · 23% and 100%

When PN launches, it reads the raw data and exif, matching camera and lens with on-board profiles making default, for that configuration, adjustments to render the image in the editor. At least that is how I understand it. There are 4 or 5 parameters 'set': exposure, sharpness, color, etc.

The first image is the basic settings plus some adjustments within those domains - 'detail' within the broader exposure domain - see screenshot. - for example. Additionally I applied the BW setting for medium contrast, not adjusting colors to apply tonal shifts.

The percentage is the percent of the full image ( 1:1 ) displayed. So 25% is 1/4 size of the full image just as zooming in LR.

The 2 100% clips are the basic image with only exposure applied - the default NR, Sharpening, color correction, etc settings were deselected.

PhotoCraft released a 'prerelease' version 1.1.0 today which couples PN to CSn as a plug-in permitting one to choose PN rather than ACR for RAW conversion. First time I've tried it, whether it can be used as a smart object in a layer context I do not know.

Kent - the trial does not expire - you cannot save any work/images. What's amazing, is it is only 10MB in size and much of the engine is BSD, GNU, or public domain licensed. The interface is developed using QT.

Bob

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:48 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password