Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Thoughts?

amacal1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thoughts?

Little People

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/07/12/zevs-little-folk-series-earns-big-buzz/

Thoughts?

I'll share a thought of mine. They're perfect... a little too perfect. I'm finding it hard to believe that a 14 year old has mastery over so many of the techniques required to achieve these results. I could better understand that he mostly was responsible for these, with a little help from dad or something. But, the ideas, the models, the equipment, the lighting, the colors, the photoshopping, the composition... all of it is stellar. If it is just him, then I'm truly blown away.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:16 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thoughts?

I think it's an interesting concept with nice photos to demonstrate it. I also think that you're very sceptical, for no apparent reason.

Thanks for posting the link.

OTOH, I'm probably even more sceptical than you appear to be - do you have any particular reason for promoting this photostream?

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:01 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thoughts?

Are you skeptical about this kid (link) who entered college at 12 and graduated from medical school at 21?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/young-medical-student-graduate.html

Steven Spielberg was making advanced (home) movies before he was 10. There have been world class tennis players at 14. Age is not much of a factor for gifted children. I think the 14 year old photographer is good & focused, but it doesn't take a genius to construct a set for miniature photography, especially when there is access to the Internet.

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:06 AM
amacal1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thoughts?

I'm just getting a dialogue started. Obviously you guys felt something different when you looked at them, and that's great.

The article/blog-thing popped up on Yahoo, and I shared the photo stream here because I thought they were great images worthy of sharing.

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:14 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thoughts?

It's easy to be skeptical here but I believe the stuff is his and he's for real. And it makes me jealous. Cool stuff.

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password