FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,499 shipped

eBay's Big Value Inc. is now selling brand new Canon EOS 6D DSLRs for $1,499 with free shipping.

According to the listing, quantities are limited. Outside of Ebay, a brand new Canon 6D currently goes for $1,899.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Note that they do list at the bottom of the page that you need to contact them for warranty information- which means that this is likely a grey market, but it does list GPS and WiFi as features so it's not imported from one from one the more restrictive markets.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

johnctharp wrote:
Note that they do list at the bottom of the page that you need to contact them for warranty information- which means that this is likely a grey market, but it does list GPS and WiFi as features so it's not imported from one from one the more restrictive markets.

Not interested in 'grey market' gear, I'll wait for a refurb and use the CLP to go FF, 6D or 5D3
Unless the buy-n-sell forum comes thru, either is fine...

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:58 PM
Luta13
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Great deal. I'll take grey market all day long.

Jul 12, 2013 at 02:59 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

johnctharp wrote:

what markets are restrictive ? And what are the restrictive against?

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:12 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
what markets are restrictive ? And what are the restrictive against?

I believe the WiFi and GPS features were left off of units to be sold in certain geographical areas such as the Middle East, for example. Governments in some of the countries in that region are notorious for oppressively controlling information and the dissemination of it.

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

mitesh wrote:
I believe the WiFi and GPS features were left off of units to be sold in certain geographical areas such as the Middle East, for example. Governments in some of the countries in that region are notorious for oppressively controlling information and the dissemination of it.

I don't belive that. every country that I have been to (including a few in the Middle East) sell smart phones and cameras with wifi or GPS

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:31 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

This is an awesome deal. If I were looking for a new FF body and weren't already vested in Nikon lenses, this would be hard to pass up. I wonder if it'll drive the general refurb prices further down.

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:38 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
I don't belive that. every country that I have been to (including a few in the Middle East) sell smart phones and cameras with wifi or GPS

Well, it's unfortunate that you don't believe it. Maybe
this will help convince you. See footnote #5 near the bottom.

Edited on Jul 12, 2013 at 04:03 PM · View previous versions

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:50 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Sven Jeppesen wrote:

You should- that's been the listed reason. It's unfortunate, but there are countries out there (and not necessarily totalitarian countries) that limit consumer access to these technologies. At least Canon offers the camera there as well, without the 'offending' features.

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:51 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

johnctharp wrote:
You should- that's been the listed reason. It's unfortunate, but there are countries out there (and not necessarily totalitarian countries) that limit consumer access to these technologies. At least Canon offers the camera there as well, without the 'offending' features.

So tell me what countries those are? And maybe a link with the listed reason. I don't know any country that you can't use wifi and GPS in. I have not been to North Korea but that would probably be the only one if any exist.
They sell smart phones with wifi and GPS in every country

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:02 PM
AdamParent
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

I would say China is a good start:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/if-youre-a-foreigner-in-china-it-is-illegal-to-use-gps

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:28 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Perhaps you can use GPS and Wi-Fi in those certain countries but the 6D bumped up against regulations that only allow an approved class of devices, e.g., smartphone and not cameras. In the USA the Feds pulled the frequencies wireless mics operated on a few years back so manufacturers were forced to switch to other frequencies. Those types of things don't a totalitarian country make, but merely different laws for that country.

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:31 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Gochugogi wrote:
Perhaps you can use GPS and Wi-Fi in those certain countries but the 6D bumped up against regulations that only allow an approved class of devices, e.g., smartphone and not cameras. In the USA the Feds pulled the frequencies wireless mics operated on a few years back so manufacturers were forced to switch to other frequencies. Those types of things don't a totalitarian country make, but merely different laws for that country.

Peter,

That makes good sense. I was also wondering whether Japan and other countries might have export restrictions with certain trade partners which necessitated the manufacture of a "plain" 6D. Whatever the reason, bottom line is that the 6D exists in two different configurations.

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:42 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Nothing wrong with Canon grey market. I know from personal experience that Canon honors warranty on their cameras even if the camera was never intended for sale in the US.

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:20 PM
hulio

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

I purchased my 6D from them and received a USA model
complete with matching USA warranty card.I called Canon with
the serial number and was told all was well with the warranty.
Camera came in 1 day(they are in jersey and i'm in ny),and
definitely brand new and absolutely no problems with all
proper accessories.YMMV.

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:20 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

Yes the 6D exist in two different configurations. They are selling both versions in Thailand where I stay a lot I belive it's more about money. The version without GPS and Wifi cost a few hundred less. And that's a good reason to make a lower priced version, and sell it in countries where people make less money than in western countries.
Why would they sell both versions otherwise

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:31 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

6D prices have been crazy good lately. Not as good as the ~$2k deal for the 6D + 24-105, but pretty good nonetheless.

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:31 PM
dfresh
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

hulio wrote:
I purchased my 6D from them and received a USA model
complete with matching USA warranty card.I called Canon with
the serial number and was told all was well with the warranty.
Camera came in 1 day(they are in jersey and i'm in ny),and
definitely brand new and absolutely no problems with all
proper accessories.YMMV.

Congrats on your first post after a 3 year wait

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR body for $1,499 shipped

AdamParent wrote:
I would say China is a good start:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/if-youre-a-foreigner-in-china-it-is-illegal-to-use-gps

In China they are selling the 6D with wifi and GPS to both foreigners and Chinese people. It's probably one of the countries that sell most 6D with wifi and GPS

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:37 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.