New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Canon Jamesburg

Breitling65
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Jamesburg

Per representative there - no more complimentary adjustments and cleaning. They are asked $300 to clean my 85LII with small dust particle behind rear element. That was one of the main points I like Canon ..

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:37 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Jamesburg

See Toshio, TF Camera repair in East Brunswick.

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:42 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Jamesburg

Breitling65 wrote:
Per representative there - no more complimentary adjustments and cleaning. They are asked $300 to clean my 85LII with small dust particle behind rear element. That was one of the main points I like Canon ..

Are you saying that Canon CPS Gold and Platinum members will no longer be allowed free clean and check vouchers? Is this unilateral for only Jamestown?

How does that work?

Sorry, but this seems hard to believe, if that is what you are saying.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:45 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Jamesburg

I just re-uped my gold membership and my package came with two clean and check vouchers so I think we are still good there.

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:27 AM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Jamesburg

Absolutely not true, just sent 3 bodies and 2 lens for free clean and check on Tuesday, arrived back this morning all done at no charge.

Dave

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:41 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Jamesburg

I think the OP might have been the benefactor of Canon's goodwill in the past. They have often performed minor adjustments/repairs/cleanings for non-CPS customers, even out of warranty. I had a personal experience when they replaced, at no cost to me, a bent CF pin assy in my 5D which was out of warranty. I received a note from them with the repaired camera stating that the repair was a one-time complimentary service.

If there is indeed a new official policy to not perform free cleanings/adjustments for non-CPS, I guess I wouldn't be surprised. Canon has generally been good to its customers, so I also wouldn't be surprised if service centers retain some autonomy as far as making exceptions to this when they feel it is warranted.

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:42 AM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Jamesburg

Psychic1 wrote:
See Toshio, TF Camera repair in East Brunswick.

Thanks!

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Jamesburg

g-money wrote:
I just re-uped my gold membership and my package came with two clean and check vouchers so I think we are still good there.

Sorry I forget to say this, not gold or silver or even bronze member

Edited on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM · View previous versions

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Jamesburg

mitesh wrote:
I think the OP might have been the benefactor of Canon's goodwill in the past. They have often performed minor adjustments/repairs/cleanings for non-CPS customers, even out of warranty. I had a personal experience when they replaced, at no cost to me, a bent CF pin assy in my 5D which was out of warranty. I received a note from them with the repaired camera stating that the repair was a one-time complimentary service.

If there is indeed a new official policy to not perform free cleanings/adjustments for non-CPS, I guess I wouldn't be surprised. Canon has generally been good to its
...Show more

Yes, for several years they did in Jamesburg. If you drop/pick-up yourself only, no more luck

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon Jamesburg

Toshio
TF Camera
27 Brunswick Woods Road
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
732-238-8806

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
SLD
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon Jamesburg

As my understanding the "complimentary adjustments and cleaning" don't mean to disassemble your lens and clean the inside dust etc...

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:24 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon Jamesburg

Clean and check means check the lens to make sure it works to spec and clean means wipe the lens down and clean the front element.

No more free lunch from canon.

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon Jamesburg

Regarding the Clean & Check vouchers, last time I talked to their representative, they told me that the cleaning was just wiping the exterior with cleaning fluid and visual inspection. Very discouraging to send anything to them for the voucher use.

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon Jamesburg

Psychic1 wrote:
Toshio
TF Camera
27 Brunswick Woods Road
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
732-238-8806

Will Toshio do the work for free, like Breitling65 was used to from Canon?

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:47 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon Jamesburg

Not sure it is reasonable to expect Canon (or any other manufacturer) to open a lens or camera and perform an interior cleaning as part of a routine, complimentary service. That technician doesn't work for free, and Roger Cicala can probably tell us how much time/labor is involved in disassembling and cleaning internal elements. As more and more of us join CPS and get these vouchers, one can only imagine how many items are received each day at the service centers for a clean & check.

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:55 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon Jamesburg

Wahoowa wrote:
Regarding the Clean & Check vouchers, last time I talked to their representative, they told me that the cleaning was just wiping the exterior with cleaning fluid and visual inspection. Very discouraging to send anything to them for the voucher use.

For me, I think the benefit here is more for cleaning camera sensors than the front element of a lens. Having had a local camera shop guy deny scratching my sensor in the past, a couple clean and checks are good for me. YMMV

Jul 12, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon Jamesburg

Gunzorro wrote:

He might, if Breit65 sent the lens with his 25 year old Super Model daughter

Jul 12, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon Jamesburg

Psychic1 wrote:
He might, if Breit65 sent the lens with his 25 year old Super Model daughter

Ah! You have a quick and avid mind!

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:04 PM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon Jamesburg

Gunzorro wrote:

Hope he is not going to charge $300 ...

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:47 PM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon Jamesburg

mitesh wrote:
Not sure it is reasonable to expect Canon (or any other manufacturer) to open a lens or camera and perform an interior cleaning as part of a routine, complimentary service. That technician doesn't work for free, and Roger Cicala can probably tell us how much time/labor is involved in disassembling and cleaning internal elements. As more and more of us join CPS and get these vouchers, one can only imagine how many items are received each day at the service centers for a clean & check.

I use to clean bodies and did lens adjustments for free before. I am sure internal cleaning not as complex procedure and Canon or any other company should predict such request.

Edited on Jul 13, 2013 at 05:57 AM · View previous versions

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:51 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.