New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A little rust

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A little rust

more Photo Ninja play. This time using a DNG rather than NEF.

The last, I promise.

Bob

Jul 11, 2013 at 07:35 PM
soldeace

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A little rust

I love rust, so my opinion would be biased Great photos!

I just didn't like the gray sky in the first photo. I would leave that blown-out highlight as pure white. I find it less "artificial". But this is purely personal taste I think.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:06 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A little rust

Might like to compare the Photo Ninja version vs. former versions and/or see a bit larger for noise detail. I remember the images, but really can't make much of an evaluation/judgment regarding the software/processing diff's & prefs.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:54 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A little rust

I like both
Processing, on my laptop. looks excellent
I'm with Kent if you want some feedback on comparative processing
Scott

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:50 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A little rust

soldeace wrote:
I love rust, so my opinion would be biased Great photos!

I just didn't like the gray sky in the first photo. I would leave that blown-out highlight as pure white. I find it less "artificial". But this is purely personal taste I think.

@soldeace,

Thanks, glad you are a member of the 'rust admirers' I'd posted a series both here and on BWVision in May. More to see if you're interested. Rust interests and intrigues some of us, and has no aesthetic value whatsoever for others.

I too was surprised by the sky but since I'm playing around did not do anything outside Photo Ninja - I keep forgetting it is a RAW Converter, not an editor. Thus, the sky is what PN rendered, and remarkably close to reality since it was a gray, overcast day with few glimmers of sunlight. I expected something closer to white, not such a faithful rendition.

Thanks again,

Bob

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A little rust

RustyBug wrote
Might like to compare the Photo Ninja version vs. former versions and/or see a bit larger for noise detail. I remember the images, but really can't make much of an evaluation/judgment regarding the software/processing diff's & prefs.

sbeme wrote:
I like both
Processing, on my laptop. looks excellent
I'm with Kent if you want some feedback on comparative processing

Scott

Agreed, just putting some very unscientific stuff out there. We could go through a blind survey of images but pretty much a pointless exercise in my mind.

I'll try to get something to look at this weekend, if weather permits - happy with results thus far, and I guess that is what counts Anything that will improve my color judgement and lessen my tendency toward 'crispies' is a plus!

If you want to send me a bird CR2, we can check that out?

Thanks guys,

Bob

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.