Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Is there any way to leave negative feedback for someone who agrees to buy your lens (twice) and then backs out right before shipping? Everything was negotiated and settled, I take it to the PO to get it weighed to determine shipping.. labeled and packed all ready to go and the guy backs out to buy something else.

Is there any recourse here in that situation? It really stinks.

B

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

The feedback system is really only meant for completed transactions, so even though it stinks to have wasted your time with this individual, posting feedback for a transaction that never occurred would be inappropriate.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Yeah.. people should know this guy isn't as golden as his feedback says..

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

If you haven't already done it, send him a PM and tell him that.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Of course I gave him a piece of my mind.... not much satisfaction in that. :/

B

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
drive_75
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Shouldn't waste more time on guys like that. Just move on.....

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:20 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Wayne Dyer

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

I had a sale of a Canon 300/2.8L IS fall through in 2011, when the buyer refused to pay the state sales tax and brokerage fee charged by FedEx when it crosses the border from Canada to the US, where he lives. This was despite the fact that I told him up front to expect these charges, I provided an accurate estimate of what they would be, and he agreed to pay them.

I was miffed, but what could I do? No way that I wanted to kick a sheep storm on FM, and so I just moved on. I later sold the lens on eBay, where the buyer can't back out of a sale so easily. In fact, that's why I gave up selling on FM.

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:04 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Yes.. i wrote several scathing posts and erased them all. The thing is, I've had such a hard time finding a serious buyer on this lens because it is a Sony mount. ugh. The ONLY reason he backed out is the day I was to ship it, someone contacted him with another lens he wanted more. I get it, but he had a deal with me, and there should be a consequence for backing out of it after you have it all settled.

Thanks

B

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

borderlight wrote:
"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Wayne Dyer

Gud one BL!!

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:51 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

blutch wrote:
Yes.. i wrote several scathing posts and erased them all. The thing is, I've had such a hard time finding a serious buyer on this lens because it is a Sony mount. ugh. The ONLY reason he backed out is the day I was to ship it, someone contacted him with another lens he wanted more. I get it, but he had a deal with me, and there should be a consequence for backing out of it after you have it all settled.

Thanks

B

Be patient "blutch"! It has taken me awhile to sell some of my gear after 10 years here. I have had some deals like yours believe me but don't let it get you down.
Good luck! The right buyer will come along!
Dan

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:53 PM
carlsbadbum
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

I hear you blutch. I've been a seller on ebay and craigslist for many year and I learn to deal with this.
Sale is not final unless is paid, first come first serve and I don't wait for the guy said I'll take it and will come to pick up at ____time. If buyer agree to buy give him an hour window to pay. Buyers who offer me over the phone without seen the item have 15mins windows to paypal me the full amount otherwise the deal is off, that is if I agree to the offer. Wishy Washy means snooze you loose.

Buyers will always change their mind the last min. so my method works pretty good so far.

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:11 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Thanks for that. The only delay in him paying was me finding out the actual shipping costs.. I went first thing in the morning the next morning (we made the deal about midnight) and got him the information. I knew something was up when he didn't get right back to me. He was hot to trot the night before.. I should have just estimated shipping and had him pay me. Oh well.. live and learn!

B

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Buckeye1
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Leaving Negative Feedback for failed deal

Sorry to hear that, OP. It stinks even more since it happened twice.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:12 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password