New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Greggf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

I bought the Rainbow adapter off of Amazon for $70. It's metal made, with some plastic, but looks just like the Canon version, and also comes with a tripod foot. I tried it a little last night with my Sigma 85 on the M that I just received yesterday. For the most part, it locked right on with AF, but it did hunt a touch. Not sure it it's the camera(new FW updated already), or the adapter. I have some more playing to do today with them!
Gregg

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:41 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Got both the EOS-M and the adapter Rainbowimaging yesterday.from Amazon. The adapter was different from the one pictured not made by Fotasy but MegaGear though well built. EF lens seem to work just fine for the most part. I did have a problem with my Rokinon 8mm Fisheye which is fully manual. The camera shows no lens attached so won't release the shutter though the metering system seems to work just fine. Don't know how a genuine Canon adapter would work but suspect the lens would not work with it either. $70 well spent. By the way fun little camera

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
johnvchan

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Fred Miranda wrote:
Another current alternative is the original Canon EOS-M adapter for $99 on Ebay. (From the picture, it's not the white box)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-EOS-M-Mount-Adapter-Ring-For-EF-Lens-/290909317557?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item43bb8be9b5

I bought mine from this same seller on eBay. Paid for it on 07/10 and received it at my front door yesterday (07/17). Not bad considering it only took 7 calendar days from Hong Kong to California! It came shipped in a bubble-package mailer via postal and was a retail boxed version with the inner flap reading "For P.R.C. only" (People's Republic of China). But who cares... it's the same adapter! Good deal (relative to U.S. prices)

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:11 PM
longisland.km
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Just took delivery of the EOS M and EF-M to EF adapter today. I picked up the Fotodiox Pro EF-EOS(M) adapter off amazon for $49.95.

The 30 second evaluation of the adapter is:

-feels fairly solid
-the EF and EF-M mounts look like they are made of aluminum
-the 50L mounts firmly on the EF side
-the EF-M mount to the camera exhibits some play - this does not inspire confidence.

I'd like to hear how all the other adapters behave - are they firm or loose at the EF and EF-M mounts?

Jul 18, 2013 at 06:48 PM
johnvchan

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

longisland.km wrote:
I'd like to hear how all the other adapters behave - are they firm or loose at the EF and EF-M mounts?

With the Canon-brand adapter, it integrates the lens and camera body seamlessly -- no micro-wiggling whatsoever. Both mounts (body-end & lens-end) fit snug like a well-built Canon lens. The outer barrel looks and feels like the same material/finish of an L-glass.

Jul 18, 2013 at 07:00 PM
Greggf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

My rainbow imaging adapter(fotosy) works very well. No wiggle, and so far works with both my Sigma 35 and 85 1.4's. the AF isn't as fast as one would expect through the M, but all things considered, pretty impressed!!
Gregg

Jul 18, 2013 at 07:07 PM
dthrog00
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

I'm interested in the authentic Canon adapter, but $189 is fairly steep given the firesale price of $299 for the camera + lens kit. I see the adapters are available from Hong Kong for $99 per the links in this thread.

I've never bought anything from Hong Kong before. Has anyone had any issues or feels there is excessive risk with this? I came across a thread on dpr on "dzone2" and they brought up some problems but I'd imagine these instances are rare.

Thanks
Dave

Jul 20, 2013 at 09:50 PM
UCSB
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

dthrog00 wrote:
I'm interested in the authentic Canon adapter, but $189 is fairly steep given the firesale price of $299 for the camera + lens kit. I see the adapters are available from Hong Kong for $99 per the links in this thread.

I've never bought anything from Hong Kong before. Has anyone had any issues or feels there is excessive risk with this? I came across a thread on dpr on "dzone2" and they brought up some problems but I'd imagine these instances are rare.

Thanks
Dave

I picked up one of the $99 Canon Adapters ... this one specifically:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290909317557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It is the real deal ... except on the interior of the box, it says For Sale in PRC. The item was well packed and arrived at my home in the San Francisco bay area in about the same time it would take to get something from B&H on their free shipping; seven days to be precise.

I've even purchase Canon bodies from HK ... arrived with the best packing in pristine condition.

Jul 21, 2013 at 02:36 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

longisland.km wrote:
Just took delivery of the EOS M and EF-M to EF adapter today. I picked up the Fotodiox Pro EF-EOS(M) adapter off amazon for $49.95.

The 30 second evaluation of the adapter is:

-feels fairly solid
-the EF and EF-M mounts look like they are made of aluminum
-the 50L mounts firmly on the EF side
-the EF-M mount to the camera exhibits some play - this does not inspire confidence.

The Canon OEM adapter is a really nice piece of kit. Perfect fit and finish ... sturdy. Everything works as it should on both mount points. They are snug ... just like on my 5DIII or 7D; no play, totally solid.

Jul 21, 2013 at 02:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.