New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

cameron12x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Where is the best place to buy the EOS-M lens adapter?

As well built as it may be, it's a bit of a pity that Canon is charging almost $200 for theirs.

What about 3rd party adapters? I have read that some have purchased for as low as $70 and I've seen some (shipping from China) for as low as $45 on EBay.

What experiences has anyone had with their 3rd party adapters? Can you recommend them? Post here and let us know. Thanks!

Jul 11, 2013 at 09:08 AM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

How about $139? http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Canon-EF-M-Lens-Adapter-Kit-for-Canon-EF-EF-S-Lenses/7958226/product.html?refccid=7YVJBV5Z3BOYPBCGYRZQ3TBUCM&searchidx=0

Jul 11, 2013 at 09:59 AM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Thanks for the link... much appreciated.

That's a better price, but it's still at least double what 3rd-party lens adapters cost.

Can anyone chime in with information/experience with 3rd-party lens adapters?

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
thedutt
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

tag

Jul 11, 2013 at 03:01 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Roger from lens rentals stated that's it's the best adapter for a mirrorless camera he's used yet. I think it's probably worth the extra money for the Canon one.

Jul 11, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Nick Baker
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Seen them on ebay from reputable sellers between 70 and 90$.

Jul 11, 2013 at 04:12 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

$200 is hilarious considering that's about what the body costs these days.

Jul 11, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

The site is not affiliated with Fotodiox but if I were to get an EOS-M third party adapter, I would get theirs for $70.
It retains AF and IS.
I own a very high quality filter system from them.

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/lens-mount-adapters/mirrorless-dslr/canon-eos-m-mount/pro-lens-adapter-canon-eos-mount-lens-to-canon-eos-m-mount-camera-automatic-lens-mount-adapter-with-full-automated-functions.html

Jul 11, 2013 at 09:44 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Fred Miranda wrote:
The site is not affiliated with Fotodiox but if I were to get a EOS-M third party adapter, I would get theirs for $70.
It retains AF and IS.
I own a very high quality filter system from them.

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/lens-mount-adapters/mirrorless-dslr/canon-eos-m-mount/pro-lens-adapter-canon-eos-mount-lens-to-canon-eos-m-mount-camera-automatic-lens-mount-adapter-with-full-automated-functions.html

I'm assuming this supports autofocus?

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

@FlypenFly: it is AF supported.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

From the photos the Canon, the Photodioxpro, and the Rainbow Imaging version of this adapter all look the same except the text. My white box Canon one was $70. I would think they all came off the same assembly line.

Steve

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Another current alternative is the original Canon EOS-M adapter for $99 on Ebay. (From the picture, it's not the white box)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-EOS-M-Mount-Adapter-Ring-For-EF-Lens-/290909317557?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item43bb8be9b5

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Fred Miranda wrote:
Another current alternative is the original Canon EOS-M adapter for $99 on Ebay. (From the picture, it's not the white box)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EF-EOS-M-Mount-Adapter-Ring-For-EF-Lens-/290909317557?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item43bb8be9b5

At one time, they were selling them at $85.

Jul 12, 2013 at 01:41 PM
wcj0
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Just got the M adapter from B&H that was backordered and can report that it cost me $149 but works perfectly. Auto focuses perfect with a 24-105 that i mounted on it. I also unscrewed the tripod mount adapter from the bottom since i don't see putting this on a tripod. However since it has a built in thumbscrew, you can install it and remove it in minutes. I might also add that the 24-105 mounted on the camera body may look a little weird, but it actually aids in the handeling of the body since it adds a little weight and stability. Was also able to zoom a little bit better than with the 18-55 since i have big hands. Doubt if the wife will like it though since it does add weight to the setup.

Jul 12, 2013 at 05:14 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Received the Rainbow Imaging version today, seems to be of solid construction fits a lens about the same as my Tamron 1.4 converter. Unfortunately my camera won't arrive until tomorrow. Will test after I play with the ket lens awhile

Jul 12, 2013 at 06:04 PM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Any idea what types of adapters are available for Leica M lenses on EOS-M? Couldn't find one at Fotodiox, and not sure about other companies. Novoflex is too much for what it is.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

Here ya go...

Fotodiox Leica M Rangefinder Lens to Canon EOS-M Mount Camera Lens Mount Adapter
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fotodiox-leica-m-rangefinder-lens-to-canon-eos-m-mount-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html

I've a large collection of Canon FD/nFD mount lenses, the fotodiox mounts look good...I'm just waiting for Canon's next update for the M, then perhaps get the 1st model via refurb

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
UCSB
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

I paid $99 for one today ... the recent EOS M sales have been driving up the prices in recent days. $85 > $89 > $99 ... so decided not to wait any longer. As far as I know the lowest price was $70 before the sale picked up speed ... so current prices are only $29 higher. Not really a big deal.

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:28 AM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

StillFingerz wrote:
Here ya go...

Fotodiox Leica M Rangefinder Lens to Canon EOS-M Mount Camera Lens Mount Adapter
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fotodiox-leica-m-rangefinder-lens-to-canon-eos-m-mount-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html

I've a large collection of Canon FD/nFD mount lenses, the fotodiox mounts look good...I'm just waiting for Canon's next update for the M, then perhaps get the 1st model via refurb

Thanks!

It is hard to beat now at $300

Jul 13, 2013 at 02:32 AM
mgkaplan
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · EOS-M Lens Adapter

I found a genuine Canon adapter on eBay for $99. It was taken from a kit.

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:12 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.