New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Actuations Question

dacop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Actuations Question

I had the shutter replaced by Canon on my mk2n about a year and a 1/2 ago. I don't remember what the count was but I think it was somewhere near 200K. Anyway, I recently sent that same camera in for repair and the tech indicated 89,000 actuations on the camera. But when I checked it on http://eoscount.com, it gave me a number of 298,332.

So my question is, when Canon replaces the shutter, do they clear the shutter count and start all over on the new shutter? From the looks of my camera, they didnt. How did he come up with that number of 89,000, which is probably correct on this new shutter. Perhaps they keep their own records on the camera and he did the math?

Jul 10, 2013 at 09:13 PM
AmIgone
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Actuations Question

I think on the 1 series cameras there is a total count for the body and one for the mirror box/shutter.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
dacop
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Actuations Question

I called Canon, they said they do clear the number when a new shutter is installed, but could not explain why mine read the 298,332 number.

Jul 11, 2013 at 09:14 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Actuations Question

Most often they do not clear it now.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
dacop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Actuations Question

I don't think they cleared mine either. He probably had the camera's history and saw it was replaced and he had that number.

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:34 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Actuations Question

I've gotten older 1D cams with shutter replacements back both ways: reset to zero and left at the count as of the new shutter. Doesn't seem to be a standard procedure there.

Robert

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.