Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Playing with new strip box

basehorhonda
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Playing with new strip box

Here are a few images from this afternoon with a new strip box and grid that I picked up a while ago, and just havent been able to play around with it too much yet. Any CC would be great.

I know my sensor is dirty. I just havent gotten around to cleaning it in a while.

Played around with them in post, thus the reason for the different looks.

Strobist for both:
D3 and 50mm 1.8
Einstein with mini batt pack, shot thru 8x36" strip box w/ grid.

Only difference strobist wise between the two is flash power. First one it was whatever power got me f/22 on my meter. Second one is what ever got me f/18 on the meter.

NIKON D3    50.0 mm f/1.8 lens    50mm    f/22.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D3    50.0 mm f/1.8 lens    50mm    f/18.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Playing with new strip box

Well, f/18 and f/22 is always going to show you all the dust that's fit to show on your sensor. The second frame is a much nicer portrait - framing, expression, hat, exposure. If it were me, I'd probably be more careful about how the background works with the subject and whether it says what you want it to say. If you were trying to overcome the ambient light, you were successful. The next step might be to incorporate neutral density filters to keep the same ambient to flash ratio, but allow a larger aperture.

Jul 10, 2013 at 08:03 PM
Tyler2106
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Playing with new strip box

You can really see the dust on your sensor at those f stops.

I'm not a fan of how she is standing, it's kind of unflattering (at least to me). I'd like to see her turn her body one way or the other so she isn't squared up to the camera. Just a suggestion.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Playing with new strip box

I'm thinking too much sky in both shots. A edit solves the sensor dust issue too.

Jul 11, 2013 at 07:33 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password