Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Mystery shadow on print

philtax
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Mystery shadow on print

Hi all,

I made a print using the front feeder on my Epson R2400 printer and got a soft but bizarre shadow that takes up about a half inch below the image. The first image is a photo of the print (on Watercolor Radiant White paper). Sorry for the large image size! The second is a detail shot showing the bottom left corner. Hopefully you will see the shadow below the image. When I ran the same paper through the top feeder there was no shadow. However, the print driver only allows the RW paper choice if I select the front feeder option in Page Setup.

Anyone seen this before and/or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Jul 10, 2013 at 02:31 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #2 · Mystery shadow on print

Does the R2400 have a separate gloss optimizer cartridge and are you selecting gloss in the print driver menu (it is on by default in the R800)? I have seen something similar with my R800 when the gloss option is checked. When I deselect it, I don't get it.

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:47 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Mystery shadow on print

Sarsfield wrote:
Does the R2400 have a separate gloss optimizer cartridge and are you selecting gloss in the print driver menu (it is on by default in the R800)? I have seen something similar with my R800 when the gloss option is checked. When I deselect it, I don't get it.

Thanks Sarsfield - No gloss optimizer that I'm aware of. In any event it's odd that it would occur using the front but not the top feeder.

Phil

Jul 11, 2013 at 03:48 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Mystery shadow on print

No other thoughts on this?

Phil

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password