FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

Plinian
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

Hey Karl, I'm just catching up on FM, and was fortunate enough to see this post. A delightful mix of plants and animal, and, I agree completely with Ken about the elegance of the environmental shot (and composition) around that gaunt bluebird. I guess I'm in the minority though...I prefer the Bee Balm over the Iris, in part because they're less familiar (to me) and therefore more novel, and in part because I kind of like the contrast between the main subject and the OOF plant in the background; it seems to speak to the life cycle of the organism, and the ability to represent a dynamic process in two dimensions. (I would clone out that grey hair though!)

Thanks for sharing. ~Greg

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:57 PM
chickenrx
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

Stunning shots Karl! Love the Iris.

Jul 13, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

Dorian- Thanks, sometimes the subject is just staring at you saying take my picture and make me look good and other times it just doesn't fall into place............this one fell into place

Greg hey Greg I see you leaning toward some landscape shooting, hope to see you there too. Thanks on that Iris my friend.......

Jay........a pleasure to hear from you buddy! Though this shot could have been easily isolated I preferred it this way too on the Bee Balm, just a bit more of the story as it belongs to a large group planting

Thanks Ted and TB! No, TB no camera to capture the explosion however I have been promised a new one from Canon to arrive Monday so maybe I can do a follow up

A kind thanks to all.........
Karl

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM
jasonp1
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

very nice!

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · B-Balm, B-Bird, +1

Hi Buddy,
Your flowers are stunning. U did a super job PP the BB. I always have trouble getting BBs right. As usual, you are on top of your photo game.
Larry

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.