Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              87       88       end

Archive 2013 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

If Sony or someone else has the balls to make native E-mount MF lenses lacking SSS (does Sony still call it Sony SureShot?), it'll be awesome and stay within reasonable sizes. +5 for IBIS, again if the size can remain small.

Once you start going stupid with the lens features, though, the size tends to increase.

Also, if it doesn't have a flip rear LCD, I ain't buying it. A great number of my shots are from waist-level or so and not having a flip LCD (again, with my Fuji) is a major PITA.

Then again if they do the camera right, I might just overlook that point, but it'll have to be kick ass.

Also, bets on it being $3499. Also bets on Zeiss easily porting their 35/2 on the RX1 into an RX1RL version.

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:18 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

If true, the obvious most desirable lenses for it will be RF glass (M and LTM). Cosina will raise their prices more/again. Leica M glass will go even MORE through the roof.

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:23 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.3 #3 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Gear buying on hold until further notice.

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:33 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Gear buying on hold until further notice.

Same here

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:38 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

cputeq wrote:
Also bets on Zeiss easily porting their 35/2 on the RX1 into an RX1RL version.

The rear element of the RX1 (probably the largest I've seen in a wide angle lens for 135) is much too large, and the sensor to rear element distance is much too small to port this lens to an interchangeable version, which is why the RX1 concept will remain relevant. If Sony does use the current e-mount for the FF Nex, the lenses will be relatively huge, as theSuede has talked about. Think AF SLR lens + adapter in size.

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:53 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.3 #6 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Well I just hope that this does not take away from the hoped for (by me) Nex7 replacement. I know that many of my FF lenses while absolutely excellent on APS will not cut it on FF and I'm not anxious to start a new round of buying, I just want the colour cast/smearing fixed for RF lenses and a new Nex 7 will do fine.

Mike

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:57 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.3 #7 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

So if they release a new, wider mount would that allow for smaller lens design? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Regardless of how it plays with RF glass it will essentially be a digital back for just about any SLR lens ever made (though a few small lenses would be nice )

douglasf13 wrote:
The rear element of the RX1 (probably the largest I've seen in a wide angle lens for 135) is much too large, and the sensor to rear element distance is much too small to port this lens to an interchangeable version, which is why the RX1 concept will remain relevant. If Sony does use the current e-mount for the FF Nex, the lenses will be relatively huge, as theSuede has talked about. Think AF SLR lens + adapter in size.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:01 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

douglasf13 wrote:

I'd imagine the ratio will be similar to the difference between an X100s vs E1 + lens.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:05 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

morpheus2891 wrote:
So if they release a new, wider mount would that allow for smaller lens design? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Regardless of how it plays with RF glass it will essentially be a digital back for just about any SLR lens ever made (though a few small lenses would be nice )

It would likely have to be something like the largest mount that we've ever seen for 135, and there would still be issues with having the rear element so close to the sensor. There are inherent advantages to fixed lens cameras. Just think how large the Zeiss 24/1.8 is for Nex, and that is only designed for aps-c.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:07 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

FlyPenFly wrote:
I'd imagine the ratio will be similar to the difference between an X100s vs E1 + lens.

Yeah, probably, although keep in mind that X-mount and E-mount are relatively large compared to an aps-c sensor. If Sony uses the same e-mount for a FF sensor, then the difference will be even greater. Sony would have to design a new, much larger mount to keep the proportions the same as the X100 vs E1 + lens.

We need theSuede to weigh in here, since he probably knows more about the specific numbers.

Edited on Jul 09, 2013 at 03:13 PM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joekraft
• • • •
p.3 #11 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Is the 7 supposed to be refreshed?

mcbroomf wrote:
Well I just hope that this does not take away from the hoped for (by me) Nex7 replacement. I know that many of my FF lenses while absolutely excellent on APS will not cut it on FF and I'm not anxious to start a new round of buying, I just want the colour cast/smearing fixed for RF lenses and a new Nex 7 will do fine.

Mike

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:10 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.3 #12 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Props to Sony if they bring out an FF NEX. I don't expect the price to be cheap, above the RX1 as suggested. I believe the sensor will be similar to the one in the A99 and RX1, I would be pleasantly surprised if they used a new generation sensor. Another huge problem (imho) is how well it works with rangefinder lenses. They are much more compact compared to the FF NEX lenses which are ridiculously huge compared to the body so I would think a lot of people would prefer using smaller lenses on these compact bodies.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:11 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.3 #13 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

rirakuma wrote:
FF NEX lenses

Come to think of it, are there any FF NEX lenses as of yet? Or are they all crop image circles?

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:29 PM
ytwong
• • •
p.3 #14 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

NO! my wallet is not ready! I planned to spend my money on travel rather than gears.... already have 1 ahead and another planning for another 2.

I hope the price of some good but forgotten lens won't go up too soon.

And Sony, please include the IBIS and let users to enter FL for manual lens (like Olympus) , thank you

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:34 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.3 #15 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

ISO1600 wrote:
Come to think of it, are there any FF NEX lenses as of yet? Or are they all crop image circles?

I'm pretty sure they released some not too long ago. It was posted on SAR, I'd have to dig it up to find the actual link but I remember that it says the lenses are FF compatible and they were massive.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:48 PM
JimUe
• •
p.3 #16 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

ibis?

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:52 PM
ytwong
• • •
p.3 #17 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

ibis = In Body Image Stabilization
(i did not invented that term)

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

This is exciting indeed....

I'll buy it even if it is the size of RX1.....

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:11 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.3 #19 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

How much are people willing to pay for a FF NEX + 35/2? It needs to be $4k or below. I won't need any zoom or huge tele. Give me a 35, 28, 50, and 85. F/2 is fine to start the system as the lens will be smaller. I know a lot of people want an f/1.4, but let's be realistic, that would be huge.

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.3 #20 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

rirakuma wrote:
I'm pretty sure they released some not too long ago. It was posted on SAR, I'd have to dig it up to find the actual link but I remember that it says the lenses are FF compatible and they were massive.

I think you're thinking of the Zeiss Cine lenses. They have an interchangeable mount so they really will fit just about anything; they're not "NEX" lenses that much, really.

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:40 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password