Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              87       88       end

Archive 2013 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-one-simple-rumor-ff-nex-coming-soon-stay-tuned-on-sar/

If the rumor is right, that is

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:34 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Great. Not long to wait for the biggest assed camera and set of lenses you'll see in a long time then

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:38 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

If the rumor is correct, I'm glad I didn't buy the M 240.

It would be nice to have the M9 for RF shooting, and the Nex FF for built in EVF live view shooting. The best of both worlds.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:45 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Assuming it's not trash with your RF lenses ;-).

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:49 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

ricardovaste wrote:
Assuming it's not trash with your RF lenses ;-).

Exactly

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:50 AM
ulrikft2
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

I'm all for this rumor. I hope my 35/1.2 will work decently on this platform and that they release something nice in the 17-21mm range.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:51 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Good news!.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:52 AM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #8 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

edwardkaraa wrote:
If the rumor is correct, I'm glad I didn't buy the M 240.

It would be nice to have the M9 for RF shooting, and the Nex FF for built in EVF live view shooting. The best of both worlds.

I will keep my fingers crossed on this. I wasn't too keen on the dials and handling of the NEX cameras and the lack of EVF scrolling on the M240. That is largely why I have the Fujifilm XE-1 for the time being.

I hope the new Sony NEX is what many of us have been waiting for allowing legacy lenses like my Leica R to be mounted without changing the mounts, with the handling that we like, and the pricing that we can afford. If this is true, it will put pressure on all of the other players in the Mirrorless arena including Leica.

Rich

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:54 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Don't forget that Sony is rumored to go AA-less in the next generation Alpha and Nex bodies, so I have good hopes about the sensor performance with RF lenses.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

if it works well with RF lenses and has a kick ass built-in EVF I would consider one, just to enjoy RF lenses again. The sensor can be 5mp for all I care.

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

morpheus2891
• • •
p.1 #11 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

hope this one's true and hope it isn't priced like a Leica :P

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:56 AM
JohnJ
• • •
p.1 #12 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Fingers crossed...

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:58 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

It will be a poorly implemented $2500 camera that nobody will buy thus showing everyone there's no market for it and nobody will try again.

I wish Ricoh was doing this, not Sony. I do not have any confidence that Sony will do this right. It will probably be 50000 megapixels and have horrible corners with stupid lenses like the Nex 18-200mm.

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:02 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #14 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

FlyPenFly wrote:
It will be a poorly implemented $2500 camera that nobody will buy thus showing everyone there's no market for it and nobody will try again.

I wish Ricoh was doing this, not Sony. I do not have any confidence that Sony will do this right. It will probably be 50000 megapixels and have horrible corners with stupid lenses like the Nex 18-200mm.

Hopefully that will not be the case and the camera or the Prototype will be on display and ready for handling at Photoplus in NYC in October. If the time estimate of the rumor is correct, I would suspect that Sony wants the camera on display for Photoplus.

Rich

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:08 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

They must have learned a lot with NEX-7 (how not to do it), VG900 (how FF NEX is possible)
and RX1 (how great the image quality might be). If they can not do it well today, nobody can.
All Ricoh could do is use the same sensor - where would they find a different one? - and possibly
design a better camera around it...
What worries me are the latest reports about Leica M poor performance with their own wide lenses.
This must have been Leica's priority (you would hope, but who really knows...) and we are not sure
it would have been Sony's priority...

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

If it works well with rangefinder lenses, it could really dig into Leica's body market (while creating more demand for their lenses). If it doesn't, well, I don't see too much of a point, as the lenses will be big, and there won't be many to begin with.

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:16 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Jman13 wrote:
If it works well with rangefinder lenses, it could really dig into Leica's body market (while creating more demand for their lenses). If it doesn't, well, I don't see too much of a point, as the lenses will be big, and there won't be many to begin with.

100% agree. They know who this camera is for - us

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:19 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #18 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

Jman13 wrote:

But it would be a platform for many FF legacy manual focus lenses which are available in large numbers and already in the hands of many photographers. This would give Sony time to release new lenses.

Rich

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

snowboarder wrote:
If they can not do it well today, nobody can.

the question is what IT is...
everybody seems to want something different out of this camera (or camera project) depending mostly on what kind of lenses they already own, some dont even know what they want from it, and Sony wants to make money.

kinda hard to find a direction that will satisfy enough parties involved to make it a viable venture...

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:26 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

If / what / but / who.

Same position as before sadly - "wait and see"

Jul 09, 2013 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register