Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Granny's request

ronlane
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Granny's request

My Mom decided that it was time to quit paying to have the kids photos done by someone else and let me do them for her. Here is the result. And c&c?

Edited on Jul 09, 2013 at 11:00 AM · View previous versions

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:04 PM
shrimp1234
• •
p.1 #2 · Granny's request

very beautiful family.

crop feels a little tight, esp no the left+right, leave more background, unless there is something distracting there. i love more green

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:16 PM
ronlane
• •
p.1 #3 · Granny's request

Thank you for the comments. I would like to have had more room too, but she is wanting it 8x10. I need to double check my crop orientation to see if I can get more in there.

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:27 PM

Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Granny's request

I don't compose for specific crops, (I crop to what looks good) but if you are printing, it becomes important. I think those that do shoot to print will tell you to crop wide and crop to the various sizes later.

As shown the crop in this one is cutting off fingers at the bottom, and as Shrimp1234 said already, it's tight on the sides too. You don't need that much room above them, unless it's for crop options.

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:46 PM
ronlane
• •
p.1 #5 · Granny's request

Thanks Jim. Yes, I should have backed up further away to be wider, knowing that she was wanting a specific size for printing.

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:50 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Granny's request

The kids seem to be squinting, perhaps a different direction of light?
Douglas

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:59 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password