Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · One Way to Go

soldeace

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · One Way to Go

Hey guys,

I would appreciate a lot your critiques here. I've developed a renewed taste for wide angles and now I'm trying to improve in this field.

One Way to Go by soldeace, on Flickr

Jul 08, 2013 at 04:37 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · One Way to Go

As you've probably figured out already, wides can have some issues with distortion and/or keystoning when things aren't fully squared, leveled & plumbed. Of course, that can also be helpful for creative purposes ... i.e. they can be a bit of a double edge sword at times.

That being said, your verticals are "leaning in" a bit, but I'm kinda diggin' how you've incorporated the vanishing point in one direction and the foreshortening and message in the opposite direction. Also, I'm kinda diggin' the uphill vibe from the downward tilt (which is likely leaning your verticals a bit @ double edged sword).

Interesting dichotomy, I can see the attraction to the cleverness of the scene ... how was the adrenaline for shooting toward oncoming traffic, as you got centered for your composition?

Jul 08, 2013 at 05:14 PM
soldeace

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · One Way to Go

Thank you for your comment. Indeed, keystoning is something I've got to tame.

And regarding the oncoming traffic, you know that feeling when you put your eyes on the viewfinder, as if you were just a ghostly expectator of the scene? Adrenaline struck when I suddenly realized I was out of the scene for too long, and objects looked larger in reality than in the 24-mm focal distance :P

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password