Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

pplskills
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

So I read that sportsshooters.com was the place to be for the sports photographer community. Why does this site look like it is from the 90s? It is like the worst interface/design I have seen in a long time. Interested to learn the story on why they don't update it to current website design standards. I'm half trolling and half serious with this post.

Jul 07, 2013 at 04:15 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

Actually this site is about helping fellow sports shooters produce better results, and occasionally make a couple of bucks doing it. Perhaps you could find some answers in the pro digital corner??

Jul 07, 2013 at 06:54 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

Yes, their site looks terrible.

I wish their site and forums were updated. It comes up in their forums from time to time so you are not the only one who has noticed and commented. But, I guess the bottom line is that it works for the owners, so they don't feel sufficiently motivated to make it look nice or add functionality.

If you are in need of specific sports related photography, they usually have 2 or 3 photographers who respond with very good answers and often provide unique and helpful information. In this regard, their forum works just fine.

Like Ed alluded to, one of the more valuable benefits of the site is to generate some paying work based on your contacts and interaction on the site. And again, for this purpose, the site works.

But, if you want to post examples of your work, get feedback, etc., then I think a site like Fred's works a whole lot better.

Jul 07, 2013 at 07:59 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

Inappropriate (1)

Jul 07, 2013 at 08:03 PM
picboy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sportshooters.com - Worst website design ever

Huh? (1)

Jul 07, 2013 at 11:01 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.