Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

I have seen this happen a few times now, and it puzzles me as much as ever: sometimes a thread is locked way before its time is up, with no comment. This time it is the Yakim Peled thread. I am still waiting to hear what is happening about it, but there is no way to post there any more.

What is the current status of sending some money to Yakim's family?

Jul 07, 2013 at 09:15 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

I am guessing that Fred allowed the thread wind itself down. Everyone had an extended time to say their peace. Funerals don't last forever.

Jul 07, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Aaron D
• • •
p.1 #3 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

What!? Yakim is gone?!

I'm not active that much anymore Borderlight and this is news to me. I feel the need to voice myself.

Yakim was quite helpful to me and always pointed me in the right direction when I first started out in this hobby. He was always kind to speak to and I had gotten to know him a through PM's. He was a great person to converse with. We got along quite well due to having very similar opinions and outlooks on things involving life.

Now that I see he took his own life, I'm a little bothered. I've always been an exceptional judge of character and have had many people tell me I should have been a psychologist.
Reflecting back on our conversations about the current state of the world, as well as dealing with personal struggles and demons, I notice something I never noticed before. Quite of few of his messages were filled with a type of forlorn despondency that wasn't really noticeable. It was never outright admission of any types of problems, but thinking about some of those messages, I can see there was something more to them. I recognize it all too well, as I've been down that road.

Yakim sent me a PM a few months back. It was about the time I went AWOL from the board and my activity here took a large decline. I never replied to that PM. Had I replied, we may have grown closer as friends and I can only wonder if he'd still be here.

Yakim, I hope you are in a better place my friend. A place that isn't tainted and jaded. I will miss you and the Alt board will be a little quieter without you. May you eternally rest in peace.

Jul 08, 2013 at 04:40 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

borderlight wrote:
I am guessing that Fred allowed the thread wind itself down. Everyone had an extended time to say their peace. Funerals don't last forever.

There are older threads here which are not locked, so it did not wind itself down, it was locked by someone. The thread had two purposes, to talk about Yakim, and now more importantly, to arrange sending some money to his family.

Jul 08, 2013 at 07:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

Here is a link to the old thread, for reference:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1212976

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:41 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

Carsten,

Thanks for keeping track. I'd still like to make a donation to Yakim's family, in his memory. Previous threads indicate that there are practical obstacles or at least concerns to be resolved, before this can be accomplished.

Have you been in touch with Roli and/or Fred on this issue, recently?

Jim

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Why is the Yakim Peled thread locked?

The original thread was open for quite some time so everyone could share their condolences.

Our site was never involved with donation transactions but in the case of Yakim, we tried our best to find a safe and secure solution. Unfortunately, after several attempts, I was unable to verify the validity of sending donations to Israel via Paypal.

My idea was to use his own verified Paypal address to make sure the money would reach his family. But, Paypal advised me that if we did this, the downfall would be the paperwork involved and there is no guarantee that his heirs would have access to the funds.

Someone had mentioned a different Paypal address but, it was one that had never been used by Yakim during his time on the site and Paypal could not verify it. I know everyone has good intentions and wants to help, but sending funds to an unverified Paypal account cannot be endorsed or advertised here on the site for our own protection.

For the reasons above, we decided not to proceed.

Although we don't endorse any charities, you could always seek out an established suicide prevention or other charitable organization (on your own), and make a donation in the name of Yakim Peled to honor his memory.

This thread will now be locked. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact me via PM.
Thank you,
Fred

Jul 11, 2013 at 02:19 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password