Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon EF-M Mirrorless Thread

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #1 · Canon EF-M Mirrorless Thread

I'm thinking about buying one of these kits for $400. If only as a small backup to my 5d2

$400 for the camera, 22, flash = pretty inexpensive. I guess the adaptor for ef is another $130? In videos the updated firmware didn't seem too slow to focus. Is it really that bad? X100 speed? Rx1 speed? 5d2, live view slow?Does the ef adaptor slow things down even more?

I'm not entirely sure how much use it would get, but it seems like a decent backup idea. And they're probably going to be totally gone soon, as the next one is on the way presumably.

Sep 24, 2013 at 07:47 AM
twoeye
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #2 · Canon EF-M Mirrorless Thread

h00ligan wrote:
I'm thinking about buying one of these kits for $400. If only as a small backup to my 5d2

$400 for the camera, 22, flash = pretty inexpensive. I guess the adaptor for ef is another $130? In videos the updated firmware didn't seem too slow to focus. Is it really that bad? X100 speed? Rx1 speed? 5d2, live view slow?Does the ef adaptor slow things down even more?

I'm not entirely sure how much use it would get, but it seems like a decent backup idea. And they're probably going to be totally gone soon, as the next one is on
...Show more

My opinion in short:

- The kit with 22mm and flash really inexpensive at $400.

- Being a Canon DSLR-user, the idea of being able to adapt all your EF-lenses is intriguing, however I find the size of lenses with adapter to contradict the size of the EOS M and the AF of the adapted lenses rather slow. I donīt think I will use the EOS M with EF lenses very much, and have only tested a few. As a backup camera in your bag if the DSLR fails it fits the bill.

- The AF-speed and accuracy with EF-M lenses is OK after firmware upgrade.

- The flash is a great little master flash unit which works well also on my 6D.

- The three EF-M lenses are all good, I particularly like the 11-22 giving me a very portable architecture/travel/ landscape kit.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password