FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Jam Maker

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jam Maker

I'm not sure if this will appeal here as I know you guys like your epic portraits ... but I really enjoy making images like this. I guess there are times when everything is moving so quickly that you just have to do it, not without thinking, but if you don't act you'll miss creating the image. So when things slow a little, and you can act as more of an observer, and importantly create images that you know they'll love, it feels good. Both just being there to observe, but also when you get the feedback of the client. Other times you might get the feedback, but know the pain you went through to make the photo happen (I hope that isn't too cryptic!).

Anyway, this is the brides grandfather, who made an amazing amount of jam himself for the wedding, which were jarred up and used for name tags on tables (/favours). Sadly, he is not fit enough to leave his house to attend the wedding. It was wonderful that he only lived a mile or so from the church though, so they went and visited him after the ceremony to say hello, thank him, and have a mini celebration of their own.

I hope you enjoy

http://www.rharris-images.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fiona-Will_Blog_012.jpg

p.s. sorry I messed up the previous post.

Jul 07, 2013 at 08:19 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jam Maker

Very nice of them to take the time to do that. Nice moments.

Jul 07, 2013 at 12:07 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jam Maker

I'm sure this made his day. So thoughtful of the couple to remember him.

Jul 07, 2013 at 12:31 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jam Maker

Yeah, they were really thoughtful families. Really wish I could find more like them

Jul 08, 2013 at 08:00 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jam Maker

I suspect these will be some of their favorite images.

Jul 08, 2013 at 10:56 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jam Maker

Thanks Ian. They should be! Sometimes I feel like I make such images and then they just get lost or nothing materializes, almost like I need to call them and say "Oi, you need to display this!". I've dedicated a spread to it in their album, maybe I should do more. It was the 'sneak peek' image I sent them too, so yeah, I'm sure they'll appreciate it amongst everything else.

Jul 09, 2013 at 07:47 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jam Maker

Just lovely images and lovely expression on the old man face, you really have made me think about my grandfather !!! (thanks).

Jul 09, 2013 at 08:46 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jam Maker

I know, I would have loved to have had such images of my grandfather. I was almost angry at the image they used for his funeral, but obviously not the place to argue... people want to remember other people in different ways.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:01 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.