New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 32gig SD card & Best Buy price match

Todd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 32gig SD card & Best Buy price match

Hello everyone, FYI, Best Buy will match B&H prices online in their store. I was looking to purchase the 32 gig SanDisk extreme pro SD card for my D800 and I noticed that B&H Photo sells them for $63.99, Best Buy was selling them for $164.99. I thought that was extremely high. As I was beginning to leave the store, a salesman asked me if I needed any help and I told him that I was interested in that SanDisk extreme pro SD card but it was priced too high for my liking at the moment. He asked me if I saw it cheaper somewhere else, if I did, he would match that price If that company is on their price match list. We looked at their list, B&H Photo/video was on their list! At that point the salesperson kindly adjusted the price and I got that card for $63.99 plus tax. Just figured I would share that just in case any of you wanted to get one without having to mail order it. I was pleasantly surprised and happy that they were able to match that price of B&H Photo with such a huge price margin. I went back the next day to a different Best Buy to see if they would do the same thing and they did, so I got a second one for my other D800e body. Take in mind that these are the top-of-the-line SD cards, 95 MB per second write speed/ 600X Sandisk extreme Pro.

Todd

Jul 07, 2013 at 08:14 AM
Genes Home
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 32gig SD card & Best Buy price match

Best Buy has had the price match policy for some time now......and it is a good ploy, I think, to try to make people think they are serious about business. It seems to be an essential part of their business model.

The problem is that almost EVERYTHING they sell as "accessories" are massively overpriced when compared to the rest of the market, and I find the hassle in "price matching" to not be worth the effort most of the time. I simply check at SAM's, or on line, and order directly, as the local sales tax is generally more than the shipping costs (and some places ship free).

Jul 07, 2013 at 09:02 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 32gig SD card & Best Buy price match

Best Buy also matches amazon.com - but them item HAS to be sold by amazon, not "fulfilled".

Jul 07, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Stdon
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 32gig SD card & Best Buy price match

In my case I was shopping for a D800. The store doesn't have to be on their list. They matched 42nd. Street's price. All my guy wanted to do was verify that it was a USA item with full Nikon warranty. Saved about 400 bucks.

Jul 07, 2013 at 02:29 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.