Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Colour Differences!

Origin Unknown
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Colour Differences!

Hello, I wonder if anyone can explain what's happening here. Basically I've just post processed a photo in Lightroom 4.4, and exported it out as a .dng file, and then further processed it in CS5 and saved it as a jpeg for emailing. Occasionally, I like to import the odd photo into an old photo program called Photoimpact 5, but when I do this, the colour compared to the original is horrendous, very diluted and dull in colour? Can anyone advise as to what's happening here please? Is there a certain colour type I should be using, so all softwares can recognise a photo in its original post processed colours? It's probably something simple I'm not thinking about.

And lastly, I am at a total loss to explain why, when i sent myself, my properly coloured photo back to myself via email, I re opened it, and the colours were off again, very diluted, as explained above! Really annoying that, as I'm now thinking that people are not getting the same properly coloured pp'd photo that I sent them!!!!! Very confusing!

Any advice would be very helpful here.

Thanks,

Wayne.

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:01 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Colour Differences!

I'm guessing that your saving your jpe with a color space that is not sRGB and Photoimpact 5 is not icc aware. In photoshop convert the jpg to sRGB.

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:33 PM
Origin Unknown
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Colour Differences!

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at that cheers.

Jul 06, 2013 at 10:26 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Colour Differences!

Yes, the state of 'color awareness' of many applications is horrible. Are you using Windows or Mac OSX?

Always save files in the sRGB colorspace and embed the profile. Apps like Windows Picture Viewer are not color aware. Also, check your Photoshop color settings (at the bottom of the Edit menu) so that it does convert to the desired colorspace (and warns you).

Jul 07, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Origin Unknown
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Colour Differences!

Many thanks the pair of you, that has indeed sorted it nicely! At last!

Yes indeed, I'll make sure this is set in the preferences settings for sure.

It's Windows 7 I use.

Thanks again.

W.

Jul 07, 2013 at 02:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password