Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Karen and Gracie

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Karen and Gracie

Karen insisted that Gracie is the perfect dog. I did not argue.
Bob
http://deinfaces.com/

Jul 05, 2013 at 11:20 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Karen and Gracie

Can't help but notice...they even pose the same! Nice, Bob

Jul 05, 2013 at 12:11 PM
kayautho

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Karen and Gracie

I think I might have used a tiny bit of the healing brush tool under Karen's eyes.

Jul 05, 2013 at 02:30 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Karen and Gracie

Thank you, Will.

Arthur, I always face that conundrum - just how much 'smoothing out' to do. I certainly see your point.

Jul 05, 2013 at 10:02 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Karen and Gracie

Bob Dein, Pet Photographer. Who knew?! Seriously good shot of the dog! I'd crop to a strong vertical to get rid of that black blotch to the side, then clone out the black stripe running diagonally below that. Then all the focus goes and stays on that gorgeous dog's face. Beautiful shot of her!

Jul 06, 2013 at 12:07 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Karen and Gracie

Your wish is my command

Jul 06, 2013 at 12:53 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Karen and Gracie

Love it! By the way, by omission, did not mean your shot of Karen was not wonderful, just really liked this shot of Gracie. And now I love it more! Great job!

Jul 06, 2013 at 01:42 AM

deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Karen and Gracie

Thanks, Ron.

Jul 06, 2013 at 02:03 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Karen and Gracie

Two good portraits, Bob.
For women of a certain age, lighting and sharpness can be a challenge to the photographer.
Did you get Karen's reaction to her portrait?
Dogs don't care at all, so it's easier to get it right with them.
And I agree that the edit helps a lot.
The mutt looks nice- as long as you don't have to put her on your lap to pet it .
Charlie

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:03 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Karen and Gracie

Thanks for your input, Charlie. As you know, I prefer to show people as the are, with minimal alteration. Still, the camera often shows things (unflattering) that our perception usually glosses over. I try to recognize these and make gentle alterations.

When I showed Karen her image on the LCD, she looked for 0.2 seconds, rolled her eyes, and repeated that she never looks good in photos (while smiling). She did not take the time to see small wrinkles.

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Karen and Gracie

deinfaces wrote:
Thanks for your input, Charlie. As you know, I prefer to show people as the are, with minimal alteration. Still, the camera often shows things (unflattering) that our perception usually glosses over. I try to recognize these and make gentle alterations.

When I showed Karen her image on the LCD, she looked for 0.2 seconds, rolled her eyes, and repeated that she never looks good in photos (while smiling). She did not take the time to see small wrinkles.

It's the reality that gives appeal to most of your photographs. But I don't think I'd have the nerve to show the images to people (especially middle-age women who were probably much prettier when they were younger) unless I had a clear path to my car .
I can't tell with this image, but did you have the woman facing away from the sun? That often softens lines and wrinkles.
Charlie

Jul 06, 2013 at 11:20 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Karen and Gracie

Charlie, I wear Nikes! She was in a small courtyard, not in direct sunlight but there was a lot of reflected light. It was bright.

Jul 06, 2013 at 11:25 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Karen and Gracie

These look great to me! Do you get people portraits like this one on one try or do you take several? Karen looks like someone anyone would be glad to know, and I love that mona lisa just-a-hint of a smile. Great stuff -- hat's off!!

Keith

Jul 07, 2013 at 12:23 AM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Karen and Gracie

Thank you, Keith. I usually get two to four bursts of three images. Sometimes one burst is grossly out of focus.

Jul 08, 2013 at 10:23 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password