Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cameta VS Adorama

mwaller

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Cameta VS Adorama

I have purchased from Adorama and B&H, and never had an issue with either. I found a factory refurb lens that I need on Cameta for $200 less than the same refurb lens on Adorama. Same Nikon model number on both, but wonder if the Cameta lens may be grey market. Is Cameta a reputable store?

Jul 04, 2013 at 04:57 PM
mwaller

p.1 #2 · Cameta VS Adorama

I guess if it says "refurbished by Nikon USA" it wouldn't make a difference anyway huh?

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:34 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Cameta VS Adorama

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CametaCamera

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:49 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Cameta VS Adorama

I bought my Nikon Coolscan IV from Cameta. A refurbished Nikon demo. I had initial problems with the 1st scanner but upon arrival of the 2nd, the same problem existed. Turns out after working with Nikon tech support, it was an "option"problem.
While Cameta did work with me with no questions asked, they have no technical support if you encounter problems.

I have no reason to believe, from experience, that they are not reputable.
Good luck!
Dan

Edited on Jul 05, 2013 at 12:46 PM · View previous versions

Jul 04, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Armee
• • •
p.1 #5 · Cameta VS Adorama

Did you try contacting Adorama and ask if they would match Cameta's price?

Jul 06, 2013 at 07:23 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Cameta VS Adorama

I buy a ton of stuff from Cameta and they've always been great. They pack their shipments better than most and offer 1 year warranties on their Nikon refurbs.

Jul 06, 2013 at 07:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mwaller

p.1 #7 · Cameta VS Adorama

I ordered my lens on Friday. Called the bank, had them lift the limit for 24 hrs. Got an email from Cameta today at noon letting me know my order cannot be processed because the card was declined. Yes, the card was in fact declined because of the daily spending limit policy my bank has UNLESS you call and have them override it for 24 hrs to make a purchase. Why Cameta waited until today to run the transaction is beyond me. Called Adorama, and they sold me a store demo lens with the full 5 yr Nikon warranty. They also ran my card and shipped it out today for the same price as I was going to pay Cameta for a Nikon refurb. Just sharing MY 1st experience with Cameta :-) They seem to be a fine company to deal with. I guess it's my fault for assuming they would process things as fast as Adorama and B&H have in the past.

Jul 08, 2013 at 07:09 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · Cameta VS Adorama

mwaller wrote:
......Called Adorama, and they sold me a store demo lens with the full 5 yr Nikon warranty. They also ran my card and shipped it out today for the same price as I was going to pay ....for a Nikon refurb.....

Always good to read feedback like this - thanks for sharing it!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Jul 09, 2013 at 02:45 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.1 #9 · Cameta VS Adorama

mwaller wrote:
I ordered my lens on Friday. Called the bank, had them lift the limit for 24 hrs. Got an email from Cameta today at noon letting me know my order cannot be processed because the card was declined. Yes, the card was in fact declined because of the daily spending limit policy my bank has UNLESS you call and have them override it for 24 hrs to make a purchase. Why Cameta waited until today to run the transaction is beyond me. Called Adorama, and they sold me a store demo lens with the full 5 yr Nikon warranty. They
...Show more

Sometimes when you order things, they process the payment when the item is shipped (about to go in transit) rather than right away.

Jul 10, 2013 at 04:00 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Cameta VS Adorama

MazeRunner wrote:
Sometimes when you order things, they process the payment when the item is shipped (about to go in transit) rather than right away.

Which is actually what they should do, and I believe what they are required to do by law.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #11 · Cameta VS Adorama

binary visions wrote:
Which is actually what they should do, and I believe what they are required to do by law.

Which is what we do - BUT - this is why we run a pre-authorization check as soon as an order has been received.

This drops off automatically after a couple of days if the item can't ship immediately, but it means that we - and the customer - know that funds will be available the minute the order ships (and it also enables fraudulent attempted orders to be picked up in good time)

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Cameta VS Adorama

Totally understand, Helen, I wasn't suggesting Adorama did things wrong. After all, if you shipped same-day, you will also run the whole charge same-day

I just meant that Cameta was likely not "in the wrong" in this case. They ran the charge on the day they expected to ship it, which was the right thing to do, it's just that the buyer only authorized the extra money for 24 hours. If Cameta had shipped same day, of course, it wouldn't have been a problem, but Adorama would have run into the same issue if their shipment had been delayed by 24 hours for some reason.

BUT, since the buyer is happy, I think that's really the important part here!

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password