Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The joy in small things

AussieTimmeh

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The joy in small things

I got home from work last night and crept into my daughter's bedroom to see if she was still awake to say goodnight, only to find she had smuggled her battery-powered candle into bed with her. She was fascinated by the light, and for a different reason, so was I.

The image is a real reminder to me to take the time to find joy in the simple things in life and not let myself get overwhelmed by the speed of the rest of the world.

C+C always welcome.

1/3s @ f/3.2 ISO800 Canon 24-70L on a Canon 1D Mk III

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:48 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The joy in small things

What a great shot... wonderful reminder.

Jul 04, 2013 at 07:21 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The joy in small things

A lovely shot mate. My little ones love those candles too... They always get them at carrols by candle light.

Jul 04, 2013 at 02:54 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The joy in small things

In the end, the small and simple things matter most. A spouse to love, a child to raise, a roof to sleep under, a meal to eat, and a smile to share. Thanks for the reminder.

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:01 PM
bruce13turner
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The joy in small things

tobicus wrote:
In the end, the small and simple things matter most. A spouse to love, a child to raise, a roof to sleep under, a meal to eat, and a smile to share. Thanks for the reminder.

+1. Poetic!

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:10 PM
AussieTimmeh

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The joy in small things

Thanks people.

bbourizk wrote:
A lovely shot mate. My little ones love those candles too... They always get them at carrols by candle light.

Yeah they seem to be a hit with kids!

tobicus wrote:

Well worded, thanks.

Jul 05, 2013 at 06:51 AM
edatc

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The joy in small things

Very, very cool shot....

Jul 05, 2013 at 06:10 PM

AussieTimmeh

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The joy in small things

Thank you.

Jul 05, 2013 at 09:27 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The joy in small things

Wonderful image, in every way.

Jul 05, 2013 at 09:33 PM
AussieTimmeh

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The joy in small things

Thanks!

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Cmmfl

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The joy in small things

This melts a Grandma's heart.......beautiful!

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:07 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The joy in small things

the wonder in her eyes is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this one!

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:55 PM
bnxyz123
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The joy in small things

Wonderful shot. Just a couple of questions. Do you always have your camera ready with you even saying goodnight to her everyday? How did you catch the special moment without interrupting her? Thanks

Jul 10, 2013 at 09:25 PM
AussieTimmeh

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · The joy in small things

Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

bnxyz123 wrote:
Wonderful shot. Just a couple of questions. Do you always have your camera ready with you even saying goodnight to her everyday? How did you catch the special moment without interrupting her? Thanks

Heh, yeah, good question.

I don't have my camera every night. I just peeked into her room and saw her, so before she saw me I left and went and got my camera and tripod ready with the settings I thought I might need. Then I went back to her room and noted her pose from the door before I crept back into her room. This did disturb her but I just had to assure her quickly that it was ok for her to have her candle before she got upset and that I was going to take a photo. I asked her to bring it back out from under the blanket like she had before, and she just watched it for a few seconds while I tweaked the camera. She is used to me having a camera so she wasn't worried about me, she just became interested with the candle once more and her look of concern of being caught turned into a smile of fascination again which allowed me to capture a photo.

I then traded her the candle for a tiny chocolate drop, gave her a kiss, took my camera and left her to fall asleep, still happy.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password