Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My Old Man

sidefunk
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · My Old Man

I don't live all that close to home any more so its always nice to spend time with my dad. C&C appreciated.

22?    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    62mm    f/4.0    1/160s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:21 AM
AussieTimmeh

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · My Old Man

That's a really nice image, he looks like a warm friendly person.

The folds in his jumper mirror the smile on his face. I like the image, well done.

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:30 AM
bruce13turner
• •
p.1 #3 · My Old Man

I like his expression and the BW conversion.

Thanks,
Bruce

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:17 PM
sidefunk
• •
p.1 #4 · My Old Man

Thanks for the comments. I was contemplating cropping out the bottom because I thought it might be distracting but decided to just leave it as it was shot.

Conversion was with Silver Efex, which I am really enjoying for the great amount of flexibility and preset points from which to work from.

Jul 04, 2013 at 04:54 PM

photosenior
• • •
p.1 #5 · My Old Man

Great! I'd like a litte more light in his eyes!
Thanks for sharing,
Ben

Jul 07, 2013 at 05:07 AM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #6 · My Old Man

sidefunk wrote:
Thanks for the comments. I was contemplating cropping out the bottom because I thought it might be distracting but decided to just leave it as it was shot.

Conversion was with Silver Efex, which I am really enjoying for the great amount of flexibility and preset points from which to work from.

Crop out the bottom left is what comes to my mind to. This crop appears like your dad's body goes on forever to me and not so flattering.

I hope you don't mind me cropping and posting your image. But this is what I saw.

Jul 07, 2013 at 06:33 PM
sidefunk
• •
p.1 #7 · My Old Man

Thanks for the comments.

Ben, I also wish that there was more light in his eyes. I actually lightened them in post but didn't want to go too far to look unnatural. This was just the best shot of a series. I wish I had just asked him to turn his head a little more to the window. These little mistakes keep me thinking for the next time.

SGallant, definitely don't mind your suggestions or cropping. I'm here to learn. I have a thick skin and really appreciate people taking the time to give their input. I tried a similar cropping, and others, but for whatever reasons just keep coming back to how it was shot. I can see what you mean though, with his body going on . . .

Jul 08, 2013 at 02:05 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password