New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Slow Scripts?

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Slow Scripts?

Is anyone getting a frequent message that a script on the site is too slow, and to close it?

EBH

Jul 03, 2013 at 07:01 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Slow Scripts?

Not here, EBH

Jul 03, 2013 at 07:20 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Slow Scripts?

It looks like a url from facebook, twitter, etc. is hanging. Is there any way to block that social disease crud? The site basically unusable.

EBH

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:20 PM
pliukait
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Slow Scripts?

Try adding Ghostery; www.ghostery.com to your browser, it can block most of those URLs.

I have it block all trackers and I don't see any of this.

Regards.....Pete

Jul 04, 2013 at 09:41 AM
docgriz
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Slow Scripts?

Yes, the exact same thing is happening to my computer with a message about scripts running and needing to close them or computer may become unresponsive.. Any idea how to fix this. I think it may have to do with facebook? Is that possible? It seems to only be FM also. I am computer illiterate. Thanks

Jul 05, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Slow Scripts?

Can you tell me which Ads are causing the slowdown?
Some Ads may be the cause of the slow down. As soon as you provide me with the link (URL), I can block it.
Fred

Jul 05, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Vancouver47
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Slow Scripts?

Fred Miranda wrote:
Can you tell me which Ads are causing the slowdown?
Some Ads may be the cause of the slow down. As soon as you provide me with the link (URL), I can block it.
Fred

I happens with every banner ad. No exceptions I have detected. Windows 7, IE 9.08112xxx

No issue at all on my Mac. (so what else is new)

Edited on Jul 05, 2013 at 10:34 PM · View previous versions

Jul 05, 2013 at 05:05 PM
docgriz
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Slow Scripts?

I have no idea what ads are causing it or know how to determine which ones. Remember, I'm computer illiterate. Any time I change from one forum to another it locks up and after several minutes the script box pops up. If I disable it, everything runs ok till I change to another forum or another post and it locks up again. It is totally inoperable. Anyway, I guess I will just have to go on a FM diet till things are fixed. Bummer

Jul 05, 2013 at 05:11 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Slow Scripts?

YES!!!!
Every page, every forum, every reply!
Dan

Edited on Jul 06, 2013 at 09:25 AM · View previous versions

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:10 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Slow Scripts?

Yeah, that's it.

EBH

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:37 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Slow Scripts?

Continuously… I stay away from FaceBook… Twitter… etc., because I don’t care to be categorized in some government data base and I don't like broadcasting everything I do to the world, (probbaly best for the world)… at least to the extent I can avoid it, but it seems you can’t get away from the tentacles .

I see the same problem on some other sites that use Social Media feed back fields, so I don't think this is a problem isolated to Fred's site...

Jefferson

Jul 06, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Slow Scripts?

I'm with Vancouver47. Win 7 IE 9 has slow scripts. No issues with Safari on my iMac. The banner ads from Google and the FredMiranda Like button from Facebook are the last things to load.

It appears to me that IE 9 has to wait for everything on the page to load and stop executing before letting you go on. Safari does not. You can start scrolling as soon as the page begins populating.

Jul 06, 2013 at 11:47 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Slow Scripts?

The problem is also in IE 8. However, there was not any problem before a few days ago, so the scripts must have changed.

Of course it is not only on this site, so Fred probably can't do anything.

EBH

Jul 06, 2013 at 11:58 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Slow Scripts?

Yes, I am having lots of problems with FM right now. Bummer, 'cuz it's my favorite site.

Fred, how do we tell which script is causing the trouble??

What happens for me is I try to load the page, and the browser hangs for up to 15 seconds or so before it will respond. I have a T1 land line into my house (very fast speeds) so I am sure it's not my internet connection.

Edited on Jul 06, 2013 at 02:58 PM · View previous versions

Jul 06, 2013 at 02:57 PM
wcj0
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Slow Scripts?

i'm having the same problem, started 2 days ago. running win7 and i.e. 8. doesn't seem to happen on a win8 computer with i.e.10. However don't want to upgrade to i.e.10. Happens when opening any page other than the original home page while banners and the FM button on the top of the page starts loading. once you click not to allow the scripts to continue loading, the page loads and remains stable until you switch to another page. Doesn't happen on any other website other than here which is my go to website. Hope it can be fixed since it's a royal Pain in the A$$. Thanks, jeff.

Jul 06, 2013 at 02:57 PM
wcj0
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Slow Scripts?

ok, home page is good. Seems to happen only when the FM.Com button in the middle of the top of the page tries to load. Also doesn't happen on the face book page if i click on the FM button. Hope this helps.

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:03 PM
wcj0
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Slow Scripts?

ok, tried all the other pages, only seems to happen on the pages i.e. where there are forums and your fm logo button loads. doesn't happen on any page that the fm button doesn't load on to. So i assume your FM button link is causing the issue. Sorry!

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:07 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Slow Scripts?

I switched to Firefox and it's less of a PITA so far...

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Slow Scripts?

The last item to load is the "Fred Miranda" logo button to the left of the "Like" thumbs up in the lower part of the header...

Jul 06, 2013 at 05:18 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Slow Scripts?

Jefferson wrote:
The last item to load is the "Fred Miranda" logo button to the left of the "Like" thumbs up in the lower part of the header...

Yes, that seems to be the culprit. Makes the site very frustrating to visit....

Jul 06, 2013 at 07:24 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.