FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              10       11       end

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Sneakyracer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

That is the best bargain (bonafide) that I have ever seen on a new product from Canon (and from a reputable dealer).

Amazing, this camera basically has an improved 7D sensor right?

Jul 03, 2013 at 06:56 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

From what I've read "To all intents and purposes it's a mirrorless version of the recently-announced EOS 650D,"

Jul 03, 2013 at 07:57 PM
stan23
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

super tempting! this would replace our recently purchased, but never used vacation cam (t2i with 40mm pancake) but not sure if i'll like the IQ from what i've seen. I doubt i'll get the EOS adapter, as that would make the camera quite big and loses it's portability.

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:24 PM
ronfronberg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

The start of my ramblings concerning previous posts.

I guess slow fo"cus is better than no fo"cus". I am still waiting for my Olympus OM-1 to auto-focus. That's right it is only manual focus. It use to be "everything was manual", focus, advancing the film, shutter speed, aperture.

If you get adapters to use other lenses, nikon, minolta, etc. then it is manual focus again.

But I am still undecided between the two kits. Maybe get both and sell a body. I do not know if there would be much value in selling a body only. Do not PM me about buying a body because this is not right forum for that.

my ramblings for now.

ron

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

ronfronberg wrote:

I guess slow fo"cus is better than no fo"cus". I am still waiting for my Olympus OM-1 to auto-focus. That's right it is only manual focus. It use to be "everything was manual", focus, advancing the film, shutter speed, aperture.

If you get adapters to use other lenses, nikon, minolta, etc. then it is manual focus again.

But I am still undecided between the two kits. Maybe get both and sell a body. I do not know if there would be much value in selling a body only. Do not PM me about buying
...Show more

Back in the day some of us had kick ass eyesight and could actually follow focus (manual AI servo) and focus in dim light. Not so much any more. Mahalo Jesu-Nim for AF & IS!

Jul 03, 2013 at 09:18 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Someone has way to much times on their hands to copy and paste comments from another forum onto here. I wonder what the EOS-M did to them to make them so angry.

Jul 03, 2013 at 09:34 PM
matejphoto
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Any stores that have it at that price and do not charge tax in NY?

Jul 03, 2013 at 09:47 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

ronfronberg wrote:

But I am still undecided between the two kits. Maybe get both and sell a body. I do not know if there would be much value in selling a body only. Do not PM me about buying
...Show more

Like this? Some nice Zeiss. Slow focusing though

Jul 03, 2013 at 09:53 PM
coppertop
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Gochugogi wrote:
Back in the day some of us had kick ass eyesight and could actually follow focus (manual AI servo) and focus in dim light. Not so much any more. Mahalo Jesu-Nim for AF & IS!

I resemble that statement. Hard to imagine I used to cover sporting events with a manual focus lens and an auto-winder rated at 3fps.

If the firmware update kicks the AF into gear, the EOS-M looks like a nice compact option.

Jul 03, 2013 at 10:29 PM
bboule
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

I'd been watching this for a while and pulled the trigger today when the price got this low.. I'm excited. I have an S100 and haven't really been that into it.. hoping this does the trick. I ordered the kit with the 22mm pancake.

Jul 03, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

fotografur wrote:
Imagemaster,

Fred posts this thread for those interested and you keep wanting to crap on it. I'm not going to copy and paste other sites comments on here

Okay, You win. This camera sucks.

PS, thanks for the GFY PM

No, you need to learn how to read. All I have said is that the AI Servo AF sucks. Do you understand that simple statement? That fact is backed up by many owners of the camera, and some people need to see those "copy and paste" comments from people that actually own the camera. It is a great little camera if you don't need to focus on fast-moving objects.

As for Fred, maybe you should ask him what PM stands for, as you obviously don't know. And try to restrain yourself from sending any more PM's to me.

Jul 03, 2013 at 11:08 PM
thedutt
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

played with in store today, compared it to sl1 and this camera is much more pocke table than its bigger brother.

With that said, I still not justify getting it,simply due to having to maintain two different (though overlapping) systems. Tempting though at this price but it would compete with cell phone for snapshots..

Jul 03, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

andyjaggy82 wrote:
Someone has way to much times on their hands to copy and paste comments from another forum onto here. I wonder what the EOS-M did to them to make them so angry.

Maybe fell on their nekid toes with an EOS adapter and 70-200 2.8L...

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

The deal is incredible. That's a very low price.

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:15 AM
clicker150

p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

I was on the market for the 22mm f2 lens only, but at this price I just got myself another camera with the the lens I wanted

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:39 AM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

What mount adapter is that on the Zeiss? It looks so much smaller than the Canon adapter, but does it have all the same functionality & compatibility?

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:00 AM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

I think Canon's secret evil plan is to create pent-up demand in order to sell a crap-ton of these:

Canon EF-M 11-22mm

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:47 AM
sflxn
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

I bought one, more as a compliment to my GR's 28mm lens. I'll have the 22mm permanently affixed to it. I'm not sure I'm going to like this camera, but for $300, it can't hurt to see if Canon has improved in the 6 years since I left them.

Jul 04, 2013 at 04:57 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Well ... I bought one (22mm kit). Not sure it is a good match for me ... AF performance is a critical feature for me on any camera ... probably heading for a big disappointment. I had been looking to add a compact system kit between my cell phone and 5DIII/7D kit. The new Olympus E-P5 or upcoming Olympus OM-D E-M1 Pro were heading my list. Real photographic controls, huge view finder, tilting screen, focus peaking, FAST AF performance, extensive lens options ... that was what I was looking for. On top of it all, these fire sale prices lead me to believe that an EOS M II must be on its way. Probably with the new 20 MP sensor from the 70D. Well I guess I need to look at this purchase as a $220 lens and a $79 body. On top of it, I just picked up a EF-M 18-55mm for a fire sale price also ... ridiculously low price for a quality zoom.

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:42 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Canon EOS-M with EF-M 22mm f/2 lens for $299

Imagemaster wrote:
No, you need to learn how to read. All I have said is that the AI Servo AF sucks. Do you understand that simple statement? That fact is backed up by many owners of the camera, and some people need to see those "copy and paste" comments from people that actually own the camera. It is a great little camera if you don't need to focus on fast-moving objects.

As for Fred, maybe you should ask him what PM stands for, as you obviously don't know. And try to restrain yourself from sending any more PM's to me.

PS, thanks for the GFY PM

No need to PM people like you

Jul 04, 2013 at 07:11 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.