Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Last straw with Flickr

MaxBerlin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Last straw with Flickr

They put a yahoo toolbar on top of the page.

Where's a good place to host photos online?

Thanks

Max

Jul 03, 2013 at 03:19 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Last straw with Flickr

www.500px.com?

Jul 03, 2013 at 03:50 PM
MaxBerlin
• • •
p.1 #3 · Last straw with Flickr

Yes, I'm checking them out. A few others too.

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Last straw with Flickr

What I like about Picasa from Google is that they have software I install on my computer which permits me to control how images are uploaded. I can select a folder and have Picasa upload new photos I add to that folder at any time. I tend to organize photos by season and location, which means that through the season I'm adding new photos to the folder. When I select Scan Always, Picasa will upload each photo I add to the folder AUTOMATICALLY. Once I've set up the criteria I can forget about it. Although Picasa doesn't have the most refined presentation, I don't care because I use it simply as a hosting service for sharing photos on FM.

Not only is it free, but it offers much more online disk space than I'll ever be able to use. 21 GB os free storage is obscene, but I'm not complaining...

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Last straw with Flickr

I'm happy enough with zenfolio

Jul 04, 2013 at 08:35 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Last straw with Flickr

15Bit wrote:
I'm happy enough with zenfolio

I did a trial of Zenfolio and definitely liked the way it displayed my photos. But I wasn't able to find a simple way to upload images without having to initiate the process from the website each time I wished to do so. Were I working on projects that I uploaded all files once the work was complete, that would be fine. But as I mention above, I'll use some folders for an entire year, adding photos as the occasion calls for it. I don't mind paying for photo hosting but it needs to work with how I shoot and process images. Perhaps I missed something but I couldn't figure out a way to make Zenfolio work for me. I guess I'm basically lazy...

Jul 04, 2013 at 08:46 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Last straw with Flickr

CGrindahl wrote:
I did a trial of Zenfolio and definitely liked the way it displayed my photos. But I wasn't able to find a simple way to upload images without having to initiate the process from the website each time I wished to do so. Were I working on projects that I uploaded all files once the work was complete, that would be fine. But as I mention above, I'll use some folders for an entire year, adding photos as the occasion calls for it. I don't mind paying for photo hosting but it needs to work with how I shoot and
...Show more

I use a plugin to manage the photos directly from LR. It's written by Jeffrey Friedl and whilst not perfect, its pretty good.

Jul 04, 2013 at 08:56 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password