Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2013 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Breitling65
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

For people who likes 1.6 crop, I don't

Jul 04, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #2 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Breitling65 wrote:

And people who likes 1.6 crop don't care what you don't likes.

Jul 04, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

The 70D is actually a big deal, a very big deal and will be a game changer in ways that might not be apparent and maybe not for a while. I won't say why, but watch this space.

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:04 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

It would be nice if they could use something like that sensor tech on a FF sensor, and offer image output modes with and without pixel binning.

EBH

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:35 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.5 #5 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Breitling65 wrote:

I don't like 1.6x crop either, but sometimes it is needed for reach. Unfortunately there is no 50-60 MP FX sensor. I'd rather have that and crop when necessary.

EBH

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #6 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

EB-1 wrote:
I don't like 1.6x crop either, but sometimes it is needed for reach. Unfortunately there is no 50-60 MP FX sensor. I'd rather have that and crop when necessary.

EBH

And it'll be many years before they could push 12fps @ 50-60MP.

Crop cameras still have an important role, and many people couldn't care less about FF, it's not a magical format that fell out of the field equations.
I'd like to see 30-40MP Canon FF, but that wouldn't stop me buying a high performance crop especially for birding and wildlife and when you can't afford an 800L to maximise the full potential of a FF sensor.

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.5 #7 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I'd like to see 30-40MP Canon FF, but that wouldn't stop me buying a high performance crop especially for birding and wildlife and when you can't afford an 800L to maximise the full potential of a FF sensor.

Yes, that is what I'm dying for. Cost aside, the issue with an 800 is that you still need something shorter, like the 200-400. I'm too old and weak to haul both of those lenses around all day, not to mention getting them both on the aircraft.

EBH

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:57 AM
Fred Meebley
• •
p.5 #8 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

I have a quick question that we can probably only guess at. Is this new live view autofocus likely to be as accurate as my 7d's? Anyone care to venture an educated guess?

Jul 07, 2013 at 03:50 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.5 #9 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Interesting question, CDAF has always been very accurate, is on sensor PDAF likely to be the same?

Jul 07, 2013 at 03:52 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.5 #10 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

RobDickinson wrote:
Interesting question, CDAF has always been very accurate, is on sensor PDAF likely to be the same?

The answer lies in another question: does the CDAF assist the PDAF in all circumstances?

We know how fast this AF sensor is by virtue of videos, what we don't know is how it will perform when stressed; can it track motion, can it AF in the dark? We don't know how sensitive those PDAF sensors are yet; they work like the real thing, but they're obviously not the 'real thing'. There are limitations to the design that must be there, that we have not exposed and therefore cannot account for. And they may not matter at all in realistic situations, of course.

If Canon did it right, and I'm suspecting that they did given the air of confidence that the very measured hype radiates, they have something very unique on their hands. And if they got the sensor shined up enough to put Canon back in the crop game, doubly so; we'll go from Canon doing their darndest to sell Nikons and Sonys with their crop system non-improvements to garnering every recommendation over night- it will be, if they succeed, either 'get the 70D' or 'wait for the Rebel/7D II with the 70D sensor' versus 'go buy a D3200 or a Nex 6'.

Jul 07, 2013 at 04:43 AM
jpegram
• •
p.5 #11 · Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

What it means is that I am unloading 1200 bucks into Canon's coffers. I waited to upgrade from a 40 and now I am happy with what they have produced to upgrade as it has enough new improvements to make it a better choice over spending more money for a 7.

I like what they have done and ultimately, you have to be able to capture the shot well enough to make you happy. I could spend thousands and get the shots I want, or less than $2k and still get it. I'll let the philosophers argue the merits of the shot upon which it was taken.

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:09 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password