Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

bayvillian
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

Hey all,
I've been a photographer for a couple years now doing mostly portraits and newborns but have been wanting to branch out into wedding photography as I feel this could be much more diverse and rewarding. I recently graduated with a useless degree (BA in Psych), and am really at a crossroads in my life as to what I should pursue. I feel my strong passion for photography may be pointing me in this direction so Im going to give photography a thorough shot. Im very eager to get into weddings and always wanting to learn more and beter my craft. I recently did my first wedding as a second shooter over in Philly with Simon from these boards (great guy!). Here's a couple favorites from the day. Any kind of critiques or wisdom to pass down would be gratefully appreciated.

-Also I understand its not an easy business, but Im certainly willing to bust my ass. I traveled to Philly from Long Island and back in the same day just so I could get a second shooter job. Many of the photographers I tried to contact here on Long Island either never got back to me, had no positions, wanted someone with a wedding background, and actually had people say they didn't want to "train the competition"
Thanks all
- whoops no idea how to link images from facebook

Jul 01, 2013 at 02:38 PM
bayvillian
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

-

Jul 01, 2013 at 02:52 PM
bayvillian
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

-

Jul 01, 2013 at 02:57 PM
ButterflySis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

Really great job! I love, love, love #4!

Jul 01, 2013 at 06:18 PM
IndigoNyx

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

Wonderful pictures

Jul 01, 2013 at 07:13 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

With work like this you should have no problem landing second shooting jobs. Very nice!

Jul 01, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First wedding (Second shooter position)

Fantastic second shooter work. I'd hire you.

As for C&C, one of the biggest things newer wedding shooters have trouble with (I did, back in the day) is consistent post processing. Finding/developing your style is definitely a process, and evolution is natural. My best advice would be to produce each wedding consistently throughout the whole set. A few of these don't match up.

...and please number the pictures you post! It makes specific C&C much easier.

Jul 03, 2013 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.