FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2013 · Instant Film Thread

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Instant Film Thread

zalmyb wrote:
ken.vs.ryu, nice (I think ) the bottom right on looks cool.

A rod, that first one looks quite interesting, I'd love to see a clearer version

Jeremy, exposure looks pretty good to me. I do find that the automatic land camera tend to underexpose quite a bit, I usually have mine on +1 or even +2.

I'm going through my archives (all from the past year or so), I'll try to only post the good stuff...

These are with the RZ67, 110mm and FP3000b

Thank you very much! These were my first foray's utilizing this kind of film, and well, film in general, thus it's outcome! These were indoors, handheld, and well, sadly, natural lights! I have yet to use flash, as my Metz flashgun CT-60's need batteries, and I have no other means of light, except well, nature! These were shot with my Rollei 6008 Pro, and the Rollei 80mm f/2.8 HFT PQS lens, at f/2.8!!

Jul 02, 2013 at 12:48 PM
matthewm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Instant Film Thread

Some really killer images in this thread. This is awesome timing, too, as I'm just now getting into my first Instant camera in quite some time.

I originally bought a Polaroid Land 420 and converted it to accept AAA batteries. Unfortunately as you'll see in some of my images, I had an issue with the rollers (there was some internal rust as well). I then purchased a Land 440 and modified it for AAA batteries and it's working rather flawlessly and is a real joy to shoot. I've since spent a very small fortune stocking up on Fuji 100C and 3000B.

Here are a few images with annotations as to which camera/film shot which:

Jack, a Goat, and a Bear
Polaroid Land 440 + Fuji FP-100C

Jenna, My Love
Polaroid Land 440 + Fuji FP-3000B

Who Would Throw This Away?
Polaroid Land 420 + Fuji FP-100C (You can see the roller issues in this print.)

Guard Dog
Polaroid Land 440 + Fuji FP-100C

Jul 02, 2013 at 01:12 PM
jeremywilburn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Instant Film Thread

zalmyb, I'm jealous of your RZ67...I didn't realize they had a polaroid back for those...now you've piqued my curiosity... You're getting some great looking shots out of that 3000b -- Love shots 2 and 3 (and your photo hanging display behind the kids is awesome too). And you're right, the shots I posted here weren't too bad (nice light), but some of my other shots are really dark. And yeah, my Land is usually at +1.5; these were at +2 I think.

a.Rod, your first shots look great! The black and white looks great! I love the depth. Looks like a scene from Phantom of the Opera. And I think I'm even more jealous of your Rollei!

Matthew, I'm always split on whether or not I like the little "defects" the rollers can give photos. Sometimes it makes a cool effect like in your couch photo, but other times, it ruins a nice shot. I really like your first shot (Jack, a Goat, and a Bear) and that shot of Jenna really jumps off the screen. She really pops from the background.

This is probably my favorite shot on Fuji 3000b - My mom and step-father a few months before he passed away
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6074/6071676246_c611292da1_b.jpg

And here's a shot with the print and the negative scanned for comparison.

Print
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6062/6071128403_0babc58e1c_b.jpg

Negative
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6079/6071127811_3373ec92bc_b.jpg

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:50 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Instant Film Thread

jeremywilburn wrote:
zalmyb, I'm jealous of your RZ67...I didn't realize they had a polaroid back for those...now you've piqued my curiosity... You're getting some great looking shots out of that 3000b -- Love shots 2 and 3 (and your photo hanging display behind the kids is awesome too). And you're right, the shots I posted here weren't too bad (nice light), but some of my other shots are really dark. And yeah, my Land is usually at +1.5; these were at +2 I think.

a.Rod, your first shots look great! The black and white looks great! I love the depth. Looks like a
...Show more

Jul 03, 2013 at 12:06 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Instant Film Thread

matthewm wrote:
Some really killer images in this thread. This is awesome timing, too, as I'm just now getting into my first Instant camera in quite some time.

I originally bought a Polaroid Land 420 and converted it to accept AAA batteries. Unfortunately as you'll see in some of my images, I had an issue with the rollers (there was some internal rust as well). I then purchased a Land 440 and modified it for AAA batteries and it's working rather flawlessly and is a real joy to shoot. I've since spent a very small fortune stocking up on Fuji 100C and 3000B.

nice shots and lovely color! (I kind of like the funkiness of the couch shot, but I also like consistency ) What kind f 4x5 is that n the corner?

Jul 03, 2013 at 04:14 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Instant Film Thread

jeremywilburn wrote:

a.Rod, your first shots look great! The black and white looks great! I love the depth. Looks like a
...Show more

I'm sorry about your father in law, and that is a great image. The negative gives a very different look from the positive, though it looks like yours is solarized a bit (the darkest areas are white) it happens when you pull too soon.

Yeah, the RZ is a pretty hot camera system, though I haven't been using to too much lately.

Jul 03, 2013 at 04:17 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Instant Film Thread

a few more with the RZ67

this one was way overexposed, but the negative came out okay.

Jul 03, 2013 at 04:29 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Instant Film Thread

grrr. Just read not to freeze instant film - hopefully mine didn't crack.

Jul 03, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Ventura CA
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Instant Film Thread

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
grrr. Just read not to freeze instant film - hopefully mine didn't crack.

Definitely DO NOT freeze..... fridge at 58 or below. I put mine in a wine fridge at 55 deg with humidity control. Works great.

Jul 03, 2013 at 04:55 PM
Ed Sawyer
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Instant Film Thread

125mm f/2.... 4x5... Post a pic of that lens.

Fp100c is great, better than anything polaroid made in the peel apart series films. Will try to post some soon. I have bleached many fp100c negs, it is trivially easy, but they lack an orange mask for enlarging so filtration is a bit weird.

Just shot a few fp100c45 today, sitting on about a dozen boxes of it so need to use it before it dries up.

Jul 03, 2013 at 10:40 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Instant Film Thread

Ed Sawyer wrote:
125mm f/2.... 4x5... Post a pic of that lens.

Fp100c is great, better than anything polaroid made in the peel apart series films. Will try to post some soon. I have bleached many fp100c negs, it is trivially easy, but they lack an orange mask for enlarging so filtration is a bit weird.

Just shot a few fp100c45 today, sitting on about a dozen boxes of it so need to use it before it dries up.

the 112.5 doesn't really cover 4x5, it barely covers the full instant film. I'll try to get a photo of it one of these days (it's an impressive beast).

Dude, shoot those fp100c45, Fuji seems to have lost interest in them

Jul 03, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Ed Sawyer
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Instant Film Thread

I think I have seen that lens, now that you mention it... Someone had one on ebay attached to a speed graphic, I think?

Yeah, it is sad fuji gave up on the fp100c45.

Jul 04, 2013 at 07:49 AM
matthewm
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Instant Film Thread

zalmyb wrote:
nice shots and lovely color! (I kind of like the funkiness of the couch shot, but I also like consistency ) What kind f 4x5 is that n the corner?

Thanks so much! I much prefer that my images come out smooth. I mean, there's a certain amount of "lomo" you get from the little roller blips and scratches, but I'd rather them not be there.

The 4x5 is a Toyo View with a Fujinon. W 135/5.6. Unfortunately it never gets used. It's my wife's camera and we tried selling it a few times with no luck so it has made its home in the corner of our living room.

I suppose we'll get around to using it one of these days.

Jul 04, 2013 at 08:27 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Instant Film Thread

Looks like their has been a bit of a resurgence of instant film cameras, look at all of these...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Instant-Film-Cameras/ci/14536/N/4288586277

Jul 04, 2013 at 09:38 AM
john_edwards
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Instant Film Thread

Somewhere around here I have a SX-70 in a nice leather case........hmmm, wonder if I can find it?

Jul 04, 2013 at 10:23 AM
buggz2k
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Instant Film Thread

Sigh...
I wished that Fujifilm would make the FP-100C45 4x5 Instant film available again.
I was just getting used to it, then they killed it.
Sad...

Jul 04, 2013 at 10:53 AM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Instant Film Thread

buggz2k wrote:
Sigh...
I wished that Fujifilm would make the FP-100C45 4x5 Instant film available again.
I was just getting used to it, then they killed it.
Sad...

tell me about it!!

a few more with the RZ67 and 110mm

this one is with the 65mm

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:49 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Instant Film Thread

When you guys shoot these with MF cameras, are you essentially just scanning the print and cropping out the rest of the rectangle?

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:23 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Instant Film Thread

matthewm wrote:
When you guys shoot these with MF cameras, are you essentially just scanning the print and cropping out the rest of the rectangle?

yup.

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:48 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Instant Film Thread

7ad81e02-90c2-45db-9027-29ee07f5d48f by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Jul 08, 2013 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.