Here a shot for C&C. Thanks!!

pullback shot:

Jun 30, 2013 at 04:50 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Glasses in blue

I like it.
I think a bit of a crop from the top would strengthen the comp as presented. Without the logo I might suggest a different crop including more from the bottom.
What doesnt work for me is the loss of all detail with the bright white stripes. I am not experienced enough with studio lighting, flash to tell you the optimal way to reshoot.
BTW, I love the bokeh, with the small bluish circles changing intensity and size off in the distance. Part of what really adds to the image.

Scott

Jun 30, 2013 at 08:33 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Glasses in blue

Very strong image, excellent lighting. It would be interesting to know the genesis of this project. Is it an assignment for an ad, or just a personal piece of work?

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Glasses in blue

I too find it an eye-pleasing image (plus I love blue). Curious how a bit more negative space at the right might look?

Regards,

Bob

Jun 30, 2013 at 02:33 PM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Glasses in blue

Thanks a lot guys! appreciate the feedback!

@Scott, I see what you're saying about the detail loss. I could probably try tweaking it. And I, too, likt the bokeh in this one!

@eeneryma, it wasn't really any kind of assignment. I was just working on my Rogue XL review and wanted to illustrate the use of the stripbox attachment. SO, I just grabbed what I had at hand and started playing with it.

@Bob, yeah, I kinda the blue, too I think it works well with the glass in general.

Jul 01, 2013 at 12:52 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Glasses in blue

It has some appeal, although a bit sharper and a smaller less distracting watermark would help.

Jul 01, 2013 at 02:06 AM
pinball_pw
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Glasses in blue

I like it and thanks for showing the setup. I wonder if the stripbox was a little higher, would we get a little better definition on the rim of the front glass?

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:41 AM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Glasses in blue

pinball_pw wrote:
I like it and thanks for showing the setup. I wonder if the stripbox was a little higher, would we get a little better definition on the rim of the front glass?

the reflection (catchlight) would not be full height then... i think i actually tried that...

Jul 01, 2013 at 12:20 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Glasses in blue

+1 @ much of others.

Salient point for me is the blown highlight ... but even more so, the fact that the blown highlight exists on BOTH sides of the glass. With both sides of the glass blown, the rendering of dimension/shape is mitigated without any light falloff (from one side to the other).

So, I while agree that your catchlight is too hot, I just wanted to offer up some perspective on why I find that something you might want to revisit, in addition to it simply being a subjective preference.

Diggin' the excercise.

Jul 01, 2013 at 12:35 PM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Glasses in blue

RustyBug wrote:
+1 @ much of others.

Salient point for me is the blown highlight ... but even more so, the fact that the blown highlight exists on BOTH sides of the glass. With both sides of the glass blown, the rendering of dimension/shape is mitigated without any light falloff (from one side to the other).

So, I while agree that your catchlight is too hot, I just wanted to offer up some perspective on why I find that something you might want to revisit, in addition to it simply being a subjective preference.

Diggin' the excercise.

thanks!! that was actually my feeling too... the shape is kind of lost. and i agree that it is due to the blown highlights.

Jul 05, 2013 at 08:25 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.