Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              14       15       end

Archive 2013 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

jaboki
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime wrote:
People drop the talk of keeping money in pp, it has nothing to do with this. Especially since I was "buying" and not "selling".

Keep this on topic about the piece of shit that ripped me and my family off.

I think Fred should not let people advertise "gift" payments. IMO.

Jun 28, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Thanks for letting me know via PM.
I have alerted two other members he contacted.
DanAnda had joined the site on Jun 20, 2013 and had 7 posts. He is now banned.
If you made a transaction using Paypal you should be covered. Start a claim to get your money back.
Fred

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:06 PM
brennanyama

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

GL. If it's only the second day, it could very well be that the seller is being a bad communicator, but we'll see soon enough. I saw your thread on POTN get closed.

As long as you used PP (not PP gift) you'll be fine. It doesn't matter where the money came from (balance, bank wire, credit/debit card). Be sure to document everything.

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:20 PM
snoorez

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Hi Fred,
I PP'd DanAnda and did receive a delivery confirmation; however, it's been 2 days and no updates other than "Electronic Shipping Info Received." Should I waitn til next or file my claim now?

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:22 PM
gutterscum

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Have you tried ringing him again?

In my transaction on POTN Ryan (name he uses) advised me that his paypal account was having issues and could I credit a bank account.

Funnily enough I replied that I preferred PayPal and we are still working on it. Scammer? Dont know. Possible. No idea. May ask for COD.

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

snoorez wrote:
Hi Fred,
I PP'd DanAnda and did receive a delivery confirmation; however, it's been 2 days and no updates other than "Electronic Shipping Info Received." Should I waitn til next or file my claim now?

I would do it immediately. You have enogh information to do so. This is a classic scam as he got a couple of good feedbacks and then go on a rampant sale via wtb ads because now people think he is legit.

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:37 PM
snoorez

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

gutterscum wrote:
Have you tried ringing him again?

In my transaction on POTN Ryan (name he uses) advised me that his paypal account was having issues and could I credit a bank account.

Funnily enough I replied that I preferred PayPal and we are still working on it. Scammer? Dont know. Possible. No idea. May ask for COD.

He's been responsive up until 2 days ago.

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:00 PM
snoorez

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Buckeye1 wrote:
I would do it immediately. You have enogh information to do so. This is a classic scam as he got a couple of good feedbacks and then go on a rampant sale via wtb ads because now people think he is legit.

I should've went with your offer I sure hope PP is able to credit me back -- it's a lot of $$$

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:03 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

USPS doesn't update their events on the delivery confirmations, so don't let any USPS lack of updates scare you. In many cases, items are delivered before there are any updates at all.

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:22 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime wrote:
Still nothing. As for you TeamSpeed, I think it might be in your best interest to not play moderator every where you go. If I was wrong, I'd be happy to say so in open forum and provide excellent feedback for him but if someone possibly screwed me, is refusing to respond and I'm just trying to help my friends here on FM and POTN, then I have that right.

POTN has removed my thread and basically threatened to ban me if I speak of it again. Just so you all know.

I appreciate your feedback about "playing moderator", I wasn't trying to, especially when others seem to do that so much better. I wish you the best in this resolution.

pubtime wrote:
People drop the talk of keeping money in pp, it has nothing to do with this. Especially since I was "buying" and not "selling".

Keep this on topic about the piece of shit that ripped me and my family off.

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:25 PM
triet
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

I was tricked by him too. Thanks everyone for the information.
I sent him the money via Bank of America transfer. Does anyone know whether they would reverse the money in case of a claim fraud?

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:31 PM
gutterscum

p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

He has been banned on POTN.

Probably a good time to go and speak to your local Police.

Jun 28, 2013 at 08:41 PM
scirocco16v

[X]
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

he tried to pull a fast one on me as well but when I say bank transfer it raised a red flag and I didn't send him a penny.

I have a Canon 50mm 1.8 in my collection that comes with original boxing. Mint condition and only been used a few times. I can do $55 shipped via USPS Priority. Payment I accept only is Bank Transfer and can ship it out tomorrow. You can find me on POTN "BurnerR"

Ryan,

If it was paypal then maybe but bank transfer to a stranger is like throwing money into the sea.

Jun 28, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

TeamSpeed wrote:
USPS doesn't update their events on the delivery confirmations, so don't let any USPS lack of updates scare you. In many cases, items are delivered before there are any updates at all.

nah. USPS does a really good job in update their tracking info. It will tell you when the item accept, process, get to the next destination.

Electronic Shipping Info Received mean that the seller creates the shipping label BUT the item is not arrive/drop off at the post office.

Man, don't give out wrong info dude.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Update: last night at 3:59 am I received a call from a blocked number. I answered only because I'm traveling and didnt know if something was wrong with my daughter. A young guy comes on the line and says, I'll refund your money in nickels and stick it up my ass. I said, what? He repeated. I said oh, you'll refund my money, he says, yes I'll refund your money via USPS in nickels and stick it up my ass.

I said, huh, just to see if he'd say it again...as he started, I'll refund your money, I interjected and said, yes please refund my money and says, I'll stick it up my ass first. Then I hear laughing in the background so I hung up.

Jun 29, 2013 at 06:53 AM
pubtime
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Bubble, I had a package delivered and no scams were made til it was delivered so that other person is right but in this instance, he is a scammer.

Jun 29, 2013 at 06:54 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

TeamSpeed wrote:

+2 Indeed, I have had USPS Express Mail not update a package's progress until it was delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. So, it is not an unusual phenomenon for USPS Priority to fail to update until after the package has been delivered. Just my experience. Others? YMMV

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:09 AM
scirocco16v

[X]
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime wrote:
Update: last night at 3:59 am I received a call from a blocked number. I answered only because I'm traveling and didnt know if something was wrong with my daughter. A young guy comes on the line and says, I'll refund your money in nickels and stick it up my ass. I said, what? He repeated. I said oh, you'll refund my money, he says, yes I'll refund your money via USPS in nickels and stick it up my ass.

I said, huh, just to see if he'd say it again...as he started, I'll refund your money, I interjected and said,
...Show more

so the scammer got some balls to call you up after trying to scam you?

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:50 AM
pubtime
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Yep! Well I am the one who stopped his scams on FM and POTN.

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:56 AM
triet
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Pubtime, can you please let me know his email address. I would really appreciate it.
I was scammed by him too..

Jun 29, 2013 at 08:02 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.