Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              14       15       end

Archive 2013 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

I was looking to buy a Canon 7D and he contacted me via PM and offered his 7D for sale. He also said "You can find me on POTN "BurnerR" and you also can me 843-340-9561". I paid for the camera then tried to contact him the day after cause he said he was going to ship immediately. No response, I look him up on POTN to find he is from Canada and not South Carolina like he said. Then he responds and says that he is sorry and will ship this morning and I contact him after lunch with no response. I file a PP claim and follow-up with an email to his email address [email protected] and he responds that he is sorry and that it did ship and he would send tracking info in 20 mins after he gets home. Well it's been a couple of hours and now he is refusing to respond. Then I go look at his feedback and apparently I'm not the only one. God I hope PP gets my money back, I can't afford to be out money right now. :-/

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:03 PM
bin
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

If you paid by CC, you'll get your money back. Good luck...

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:05 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

I had money in my PP account and used my debit card. Will I be ok?

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:06 PM
bobjames
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Never keep money in your Paypal account!!!!

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:08 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

I don't, I had just gotten it.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Joeydgraffix

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

I just sent him money as well, I will let you know what happens on my end as well.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:20 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

bobjames wrote:
Never keep money in your Paypal account!!!!

I'm not trying to be sarcastic,what is the reason not keep some funds in paypal

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:24 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Have you notified Fred directly via PM?

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:28 PM
leo11877
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime wrote:

I was scammed last year on POTN by a lady claiming to sell a 20-35mm L lens at a reasonable price. I contacted Paypal and they probably refunded the money next day. I dont think it matters how you paid (CC or direct funds) in paypal.

As long as you have a clean history with Paypal and doing a lot of transactions, you should be good. Infact they do have a different class of service for members spending over $5K per year. I am 99.9% sure you should not have any issues.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:28 PM
PhotogSTL
• • •
[X]
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

Doesn't matter if it was PP balance funds vs credit card vs checking account, if you paid with regular paypal you are covered.

Don't sweat it.

Good looking out though in case he is trying to get some gift payments or bank wires from other members.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

So Paypal does not make money from your funds. YOu the can use the credit to pay for purchases with added protection.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:29 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

It's my second transaction with my new pp account.

Yes I notified Fred.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:30 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

As stated on POTN, I am not convinced there is any other issue here, at this point in time, than the seller being lax in communications. Selling 2 large ticket items and getting feedback from them shows that people are getting their items, and that communications is "lazy". Time will tell...

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:32 PM
blueline994

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

This same guy contacted me too! I was looking for a D800e and he told me he had one. His price was too good to be true, so I did not respond...

You have to really watch out when posting WTB ads.

Here is what he sent:

Hey Blue,

Are you still looking for the Nikon D800e? If so I have a great condition D800e with original boxing and accessories including a 8GB CompactFlash Card. Shutter is at 12,000k and the camera has no scratches. $2250 shipped PayPal, and also I have no problems paying the fees. You can find me on POTN "BurnerR" here is my number as well 843-340-9561.

Ryan

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:33 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

jaybird555 wrote:
I'm not trying to be sarcastic,what is the reason not keep some funds in paypal

I don't get it either. I do thousands of transactions a year, and keep funds in my account at any given time. People are afraid Paypal will just fire off a claim against their account and seize the funds, and they will be out. If the claim is valid, there are other ways Paypal can get their money without having money in the account.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:35 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

blueline994 wrote:
This same guy contacted me too! I was looking for a D800e and he told me he had one. His price was too good to be true, so I did not respond...

You have to really watch out when posting WTB ads.

Here is what he sent:

Hey Blue,

Are you still looking for the Nikon D800e? If so I have a great condition D800e with original boxing and accessories including a 8GB CompactFlash Card. Shutter is at 12,000k and the camera has no scratches. $2250 shipped PayPal, and also I have no problems paying the fees. You can find me on POTN "BurnerR"
...Show more

Again, with good feedback on some high ticket items already at what seem to be really good prices, you never know. It would cause me a bit more to research (did you call and talk to the person on the phone?), etc. but it still could be legit. Again, do your research, find out more about the people you buy from, etc, but this doesn't quite yet seem like a full-blown scam. Certainly cause for concern at this point, but let's keep the torches in check until Fred does his research as well.

Edited on Jun 28, 2013 at 03:47 PM · View previous versions

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:39 PM
pubtime
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

The number has a mailbox that isn't set up.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:43 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

pubtime wrote:
The number has a mailbox that isn't set up.

So does my Grandmothers.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:50 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

This is why I'm not subscribing to B&S until something is done.

If you aren't subscribed you SHOULD NOT be allowed to post or even view the B&S forum. SIMPLE. This dude isn't subscribed yet he is screwing people over. It is ridiculous.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:52 PM
judsonzhao
• •
[X]
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Warning: DanAnda - Scammer!

a reasonable explanation would be a guy somehow hack the 2 accounts and scammed someone..

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.