Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D 80 problem

DaveOls
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D 80 problem

My 4 year old D 80 has started exhibiting strange behavior. When I turn it on, the top display and memory card light just keep blinking. I pushed every button, took out the memory card and put it back, turned it on and off, but nothing worked. I finally opened the memory card door and snapped it back. That took care of it. Has anyone else had this problem?
I think it is mad at me because I bought a used D 300s in April and I have not been using it at all. By the way, I really love the D 300s. Glad I didn't wait for the D 400!

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D 80 problem

Dirt, oil, etc. can get on the pins or get in the CF sockets. I had this issue more with my D70 than D300. If you just insert and pull out the card a few times it improves the contact. As always, do it carefully so as not to bend any pins.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D 80 problem

Thanks, I'll remember that if the problem pops up again. I bought some
de-oxit a while ago. If taking it out and replacing it doesn't work, I might try the cleaner.

Jun 28, 2013 at 02:07 PM
JTMeuret
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D 80 problem

Kind of funny reading this.... I noticed recently as well that my D80 was flashing ERR. Thought was the SD card and/or the contacts. Anyway, long story short, finally discovered my battery was low, causing this. I occasionally throw in a replacement/backup battery, just to keep it fresh, since I don't use it that often. The recent times that I've noticed ERR on my display was the times I had the backup battery in. Basically, the battery is shot and dies really fast. Once you start getting low in battery life the camera doesn't want to work and will do all kinds of weird things. ERR, flashing, etc. Anyway, good luck!

J.T.

Jun 30, 2013 at 05:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D 80 problem

The batteries read as new, even though they are 4 years old. The battery door open and close fixed the problem. I guess it was a bad contact.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
mrgetalife
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D 80 problem

DaveOls wrote:
The batteries read as new, even though they are 4 years old. The battery door open and close fixed the problem. I guess it was a bad contact.

Lithium-ion rechargeables even if they aren't used tend to die after 3 years after manufacture Its the chemical properties of it. So Buying new old stock for them isn't good. Hopefully this is what you're experiencing. That your battery is just worn out.

Jul 03, 2013 at 08:47 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D 80 problem

The 3 batteries I have register as 0 or new. I think it was just a bad contact with the battery compartment door.

Jul 03, 2013 at 11:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password