FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS 70D

Fred Meebley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Canon EOS 70D

I've been thinking of getting a second 7d and wishing for a new camcorder as well. I'll be watching this one closely. It looks good on paper, I hope it works out.

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:09 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Canon EOS 70D

jorkata wrote:
+1

Yeah, I don't think it's just the internet nerds that care about image quality. I never saw the kids in photography classes carrying around Canons- and now I know why. Canon crop sensors are just not where it's at when it comes to getting good image quality; the competition is miles ahead.

Canon doesn't need to improve this; they must improve this, and soon. Either they fix it and sell loads of them, or they don't, and help sell loads of Nikons and Sonys. I sure as hell won't recommend a Canon crop now; it'd make me fill sick inside.

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:19 AM
dwweiche
• • •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Canon EOS 70D

RobDickinson wrote:
70d has plenty of 'function ' but not aimed at stills shooters.

Canon could have easily decided still IQ is good enough and the sensor pdaf would generate much more sales than a stop of dynamic range only internet nerds care about.

Of all the friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances I know that own a dSLR, I would wager the only ones that would not look at me cross-eyed when I asked what the dynamic range was on their camera would be electrical engineers

Jul 04, 2013 at 12:31 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Canon EOS 70D

The 70D has been added to the Camera Size Comparison site, it's smaller than the 60D and only slightly larger than the latest Rebel cameras:

http://camerasize.com/compare/#333,469

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:30 AM
yyyyyyexe963

p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Canon EOS 70D

johnctharp wrote:
Yeah, I don't think it's just the intphotography erds that care about image quality. I never saw the kids in photography classes carrying around Canons- and now I know why. Canon crop sensors are just not where it's at when it comes to getting good image quality; the competition is miles ahead.

Canon doesn't need to improve this; they must improve this, and soon. Either they fix it and sell loads of them, or they don't, and help sell loads of Nikons and Sonys. I sure as hell won't recommend a Canon crop now; it'd make me fill sick inside.

I don't think is the image quality that matters most for students in photography class, I went to one just few months ago and for many the main reason for getting Nikon or any other brand would be the price, most students I met don't know or care what the dynamic range is, how many cross types are there, or what kind of lens they'll buy in the future. For them it's all about the price and maybe form.

Jul 14, 2013 at 06:36 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.