Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · PayPal Refund (sic) Gone Wild

anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PayPal Refund (sic) Gone Wild

On Jun 22, I completed a transaction for an item with a fellow FM'er. The seller is good to go, so this is NOT about him in anyway. I of course as is my usual wont, paid immediately. Since it was the weekend, he couldn't mail it out till Monday. In the course of a final check out to make sure the item worked, he discovered that it had gone belly-up, DOA. He immediately emailed me to tell me that AND that he had filed with PayPal a full refund. Here's where it gets exciting:

PayPal advises that the refund request had been received but would require 3-4 business days before it showed up on my credit card. On the 4th day, because it hadn't shown yet as completed, I called PP and got an agent who said he would see what he could to expedite it showing up as completed (FWIW, I commented that I would be disposed to filing a Dispute naming PP as the entity). Not two hours later, refund shows up as completed. Wow, says I, I'll hop right over to my credit card company and see it there. Nope. Not there.

So I call CC company, Capital One, FWIW, and I get an agent who calls PP and we do a conference call, the 3 of us. PP guy insists that it is CO's responsibility to press the button to have it immediately credited. CO, OTOH, insists that it's PP's responsibility to push the "immediate 'show up' on my account button." I, however, still don't have my money!! CO says because of PP's policies it will require until July 1 before it "shows up." PPsays because of CO policies, it will require until July 1 before it "shows up."

A great seller - no question. Did exactly what he should have done. Great buyer who did just what he should have done. Lousy customer service on behalf of both organizations.!!! Moral of Story: expect under similar circumstances to get screwed by one company or another - oh, FWIW, I can only speculate what would happen if I filed a claim for a charge back against Capital One. HEHEH

Edit: forgot to add: I cannot for the life of me imagine what the outcome would be had this been a "gift" payment. Seller did not ask for that, and I would have blown right by the offer, so it wasn't an issue. But other folks on here on still making that an "option." HA

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:04 PM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PayPal Refund (sic) Gone Wild

Unless it's for some insignificant ebay buy, of let's say <$25, PP has been off my list of payment methods for years. If there's ever a chance of you or PP getting the benefit of the doubt, it always goes PP's way. Screw them.

Jun 27, 2013 at 04:14 PM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PayPal Refund (sic) Gone Wild

Capital One. What's in your wallet? ..... Nothing, after paying high CC interest, fees, poor rate of return on any product, and high interest loans.

I had the same song and dance with a transaction that took 7 days to complete @ Bank of America. The excuses the bank gave us to not have access to the money was a joke. Any bailout bank, or the so-called too-big-to-fail bank cannot be trusted.

PayPal has been perfect for me...never a problem on B&S or through their debit card.

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:23 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PayPal Refund (sic) Gone Wild

Well, my rates are pretty darn good, and CC is all I use 'em for. But I'll tell ya what, BL, the only thing that got PP to move was "I'm gonna name you guys as the ones I'm filing a dispute with." You probably got more leverage with them than I do, I don't know... Whew...

Jun 27, 2013 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password