Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Replacing hensel porty premium batteries

jonhernandez

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Replacing hensel porty premium batteries

Hi,

i just bought a second hand hensel porty premium kit and the batteries are dead.

It has the LEad Gel batteries, and i contacted the dealer to find out that i can replace the battery for either a new Lead Gel ( 160 ) or a Lithium battery with drawer ( about 400 ).

I seen on the internet that the Lead Gel batteries can be replaced by 3rd party batteries.

Is that a simple change? i found some info about doing it on Porty B but nothing of Porty Premium.

If anyone has done it can you let me know how bad is the soldering ? maybe some photos?

thanks!

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:54 AM
jonhernandez

p.1 #2 · Replacing hensel porty premium batteries

Sorry another question..

would this work for the hensel porty premium??

http://www.amazon.de/Multipower-MP7-2-12-Bleigel-7200mah-Zulassung/dp/B003US3SPI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372327254&sr=8-2&keywords=12Ah+12v

Sorry the page is in german but im sure you can see the photo

its just 14 ( like 18$ )

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
jonhernandez

p.1 #3 · Replacing hensel porty premium batteries

sorry that was a 12 7ah, i found a 12v 12ah seems to work.. i will try out and see.

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:07 PM
stevebri

p.1 #4 · Replacing hensel porty premium batteries

Jon,

I replaced mine last year with LiFePO4 's

see this link http://www.batterymasters.co.uk/Product-Li12-12,-12v-12Ah-Lithium-Iron-Phosphate,-LiFePO4-Battery,-Charger-Included.-L(mm)-W(mm)-H(mm)-151-98-97.5_2628.aspx

expensive but light... If you have two, then I'd change one with the heavy one at 20 euros and the other with the expensive one.

One thing I learnt with mine was that the newer battery (back then) couldn't take a full power pop... I suspect the battery wasn't 'high grade'.

email me if you want more infor.

Steve

Aug 21, 2013 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password