Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
       end

Archive 2013 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter

Shutter speed, hand holding technique, atmospheric conditions, lens optimization distance, accurate focus, ambient temperature (i.e. some folks, not any of us , think slam to infinity stop means focused to infinity, etc.), ambient lighting, etc.

Apologies for spewing with no experience at the specific camera in question, but there are a myriad of reasons other than the sensor that could influence why infinity isn't to the level that one is expecting ... the sensor is likely to be one of the last things I'd think of when wondering why a shot of mine would have infinity to not be uber-sharp to the Nth degree.

While there might be a difference between AA vs. non-AA (I shoot both), I've never considered it to be an issue related to infinity vs. closer distances. Imo, anything that is going to have a difference between one portion of the scene vs. another (i.e. infinity vs. mid vs. near) is going to be either a product of the optical projection (lens) or the technique or the subject.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter

Jochenb wrote:
This and too slow shutter speeds. Many people use it in front of their body, which is much more shaky than pressing a viewfinder to your face. When I use it like this I even have to be careful at 1/80.

You're probably right, although I can get a very stable hold without an eye level viewfinder by locking both elbows at my sides with the camera at chin level about 8" from my chin.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password