Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Exploring PP

Rick Schump
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Exploring PP

Tried a number of different steps in the pathway to process this. Probably way to many, anyways, it's not quite right but close to what I imagined. That said, is the comp. too vague, too split, too dark ( I like them that way, just thought I'd throw that in cause I know I'll hear it), too uninteresting?. Thoughts and comments appreciated, play if you like, It is always interesting to see what direction you guys take this. I can post an original if you want it. Rick

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Exploring PP

I see the intrigue @ the light interplay. Kinda diggin' how it is playing with both horizontal and vertical elements within the image.

raw/sooc is probably best to work from if you've already put it through many levels of tweak for others to play with. I'm curious to see what others might do with it.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Exploring PP

Her is a slightly larger image taken directly from the raw copy. Rick

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

fatedquest

p.1 #4 · Exploring PP

I like it just the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's a 3:4 crop. Personally I prefer a 2:3 crop but that's just me.

Jun 28, 2013 at 04:23 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #5 · Exploring PP

I keep looking at the feature near the lower left corner, and trying to see a crouching person or something. Even being drawn to it I can't figure out what it is. Maybe clone it out? I like the PP.

Keith

Jun 30, 2013 at 02:15 AM
eeneryma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Exploring PP

The way you've processed it, the top and bottom halves of the image seem distinctly different. There's strong contrast and highlights in the bottom half, and fairly even tones in the top half. The bottom half of the image features strong horizontal elements, and the wind turbines in the top half emphasize vertical elements. The challenge in pp seems to me to integrate these two halves to complement one another.

Jun 30, 2013 at 01:31 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password