Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Recommendation: Service or Replacement?

goobers

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Recommendation: Service or Replacement?

I have a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 push-pull version lens that I've been using for a couple years. When I purchased it used, it performed well and resulted in overall sharp photos. Recently I have noticed two things when I have the lens mounted to either one of my D7000 bodies.

1) Autofocus in sunlight, indoor handheld, and on a tripod is missing the focal point.
2) Even when I do manage to get the image focused where I want it, the resulting image looks blurry and/or unfocused or focused on the wrong spot.

My questions to all of you are, should I even bother trying to send this lens to Nikon for repair (the estimate from their website was $600)? Is there a third-party (online or local to Seattle) repair shop that anyone can recommend that might be able to help identify what the problem with the lens might be?

TIA,

Goobers

Jun 26, 2013 at 09:11 PM
1slowg35

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Recommendation: Service or Replacement?

You can try http://www.glazerscamera.com/repairs

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:22 AM
the solitaire
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Recommendation: Service or Replacement?

If the lens was ever amazing, try repair. If it was overall sharp an performed well without being amazing, replace it.

Have you tried the lens on a different camera?

You can get these on ebay for $300 upwards.

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:51 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password