Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM for $740.59

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM for $740.59

johnctharp wrote:
That's the information that's out there; that's what Sigma has to overcome. Nearly every Sigma review I come across can be summarized 'oh it's almost as nice as the Canon and really nice overall except for giant annoying flaw.' This gets reinforced by user reviews and forum posts, and there you have it.

I've said in other places that I'm not against using Sigma glass; hell, I'm patient enough to get a good copy, and I'm not a working pro, so I could probably expect a good copy to last.

But I feel much, much better about getting a good first Canon
...Show more

Sigma don't have to overcome anything. In the real world the vast majority of people have no issues and all we are seeing is the usual forum concentration of negativity. These forums are tiny compared to the actual number of photographers out there and in no way are representative of the real world 99% of the time. Hell if I listened to every forum complaint, I would have not bought 60% of my Canon gear. Apparently my 5D III has a garbage sensor, my 17-40L, 24-105L are rubbish in the corners and useless for landscape, the 70-200 IS mk I was a soft as hell at 200mm, the 100-400L was rubbish compared to the 400L, the 300 f/4L IS was also third rate, the 45 TS-E is only ok and on it goes.

Like I say issues reported about Canon's own gear swamp anything about Sigma. You have to filter out the crap and you need to replace that filter regularly.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM for $740.59

$734.61.

Jun 28, 2013 at 04:16 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password