Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Some Leica X Vario samples

douglasf13
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Some Leica X Vario samples

naturephoto1 wrote:
Yes that may be true regarding the RX1. I have 2 classic film cameras with fixed lenses, my Rolleiflex 12/24 3.5 F Planar camera and my Rolleiflex 35 SE. Both the cameras have excellent lenses and perform well and the Rollei 35 SE is quite compact. But, to me, these are some of my specialized cameras. I have been taking photos in slide form for well over 35 years. For most of my work in all of that time, I have been using Leica SLR cameras since 1984 (Canon SLR cameras previous to that), Linhof 4" X 5" cameras (as
...Show more

Both the X Vario and RX1 are limited. One is limited in aperture, and the other is limited in focal length, so their usefulness depends on the user.

Either way, like rattymouse said, the RX1 is quite a little technological marvel, and I think the price seems more than fair, compared to the rest of the market. I have a harder time accepting that price for a fixed lens, slow zoom, aps-c camera.

Jul 07, 2013 at 04:42 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Some Leica X Vario samples

douglasf13 wrote:
Both the X Vario and RX1 are limited. One is limited in aperture, and the other is limited in focal length, so their usefulness depends on the user.

Either way, like rattymouse said, the RX1 is quite a little technological marvel, and I think the price seems more than fair, compared to the rest of the market. I have a harder time accepting that price for a fixed lens, slow zoom, aps-c camera.

I have little or no interest in the RX1. As mentioned if it either had a zoom or accepted interchangeable lenses that would be different. I am more interested in having a selection of lenses available including wide angle, telephoto, macro, and zooms. That is why at least for the time being I am using my Leica R lenses on a Fujifilm XE-1. Unlike you I do not have nearly the interest in the small size of the RX1. In the mean time, I am awaiting the release of a FF mirrorless camera that will accept my R lenses without the need to change their mount.

Rich

Jul 07, 2013 at 05:05 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password