Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Seventeen

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Seventeen

mineymole wrote:
Could it be that in the past you only posted one or two images and those were really the cream of the crop? You, like all of us, have to also photograph the mundane at weddings. The images that are not "signature" images for instance. And you have perhaps gotten bolder and are posting more of those rather than *just* selecting the truly standout images?

It's actually quite the opposite. I would generally post my entire blog sets here (up until last month) and they generally had 40+ images. It was only within this last month that I really cut down what I post here. Oddly enough, the past two sets were the ones where people noticed a style change.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Seventeen

canerino wrote:
It's actually quite the opposite. I would generally post my entire blog sets here (up until last month) and they generally had 40+ images. It was only within this last month that I really cut down what I post here. Oddly enough, the past two sets were the ones where people noticed a style change.

Hahaha what do I know? Keep on. Keep on.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
form
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Seventeen

Maybe it has something to do with your selection criteria and what you feel is what you want to display vs what other people/photographers tend to associate with your particular style? Might be a disconnect between your own perception and other photographers' perceptions about what your style is/represents.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
morby
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Seventeen

This thread is crazy! It's like we are comparing the Jordan of the Wizards with the Jordan of the Bulls. Chuck, when did you become such a legend that people started comparing you with "vintage Chuck"? IMO this set is killer and shows that you aren't boxed into a certain style.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Seventeen

Fluffer.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Tyler2106
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Seventeen

#13 for some reason stands out to me every time I look at this set. Very well done!

Jun 26, 2013 at 03:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Seventeen

canerino wrote:

I don't think it is a style change as much as it is an FM "what to post" change. I honestly see no difference in your photos between these two sets and your other sets. Perhaps you just choose different shots to share than what people are used to. We are often our own greatest allies and own greatest enemies depending on what we choose to include and exclude in a set. Perhaps subconsciously you were going for a little different feel or whatever and people picked up on that. I did not but who knows.

Jun 26, 2013 at 04:05 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Seventeen

great work here as usual Chuck.... I sort of agree/ sort of disagree with Alan. I do see some differences here and your work in general, lately, compared to what I saw 2 years ago.... but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I think its an evolution of your style.. a further refinement of your story-telling process. keep at it dude... can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Seventeen

canerino wrote:
which ones?

the only ones that have artificial light are as follows:

8 - my normal reception lighting setup since i became a primary
9 - my normal reception lighting setup since i became a primary
13 - LED light behind the couple (i've done that in the past)
14 - direct flash with shutter drag (have shots from 2010 with this effect)
15 - i used the video guy's light (did this in the third wedding i ever shot)

No, looks great, just seems more hofferesque than ever before, which is certainly not a bad thing.

Jun 26, 2013 at 01:35 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Seventeen

I spent almost 30 seconds looking at the top half of 15, thinking it was a separate image from the bottom half, and wondering what the hell is that?? I was certain there was some kind of hidden code that would resolve itself if I stared at it long enough, like those 3-D images popular in the '90s.

I like it much better now.

Jul 06, 2013 at 05:23 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Seventeen

Thanks again all for the comments! And big thanks for the votes for the Featured Thread of the Week! I'm very flattered!

Ian, thats just some fake TS

Jul 07, 2013 at 01:06 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Seventeen

Hey Chuck, cool set. My guess about the "style" difference everyone seems to pick up on is twofold: one, the couple is more "fun" / gregarious than others I've seen from you (I have not looked at all your sets tho); two, with fewer photos, the posed portraits stand out more.

I do have a question: with the reception toast flare shot (forget the #), where did you meter the shot? The last couple of weddings my photos seem to be too contrasty.. and if I were to take that shot, the window would be blown out, and the suits on the men pitch black. Did you de-contrast in post, or is it more SOOC?

Now I'll go back to editing my outdoor-in-2pm-direct-sunlight ceremony shots

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:17 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password