Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Military Aviation Museum

JDE1

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Military Aviation Museum

Hello everybody. I have been lurking here for months and have found the forum very inspiring. I'm almost ready to post something, but not today. First I have to get over two recent gut punches.

First, of course, Dayton. I had my photo pass and would have been there if "FIFI" had not come to KPDK. At PDK I had better access with fewer people, so I traded Dayton for shooting at PDK and a ride in the Flight Observer seat. The gut punch, of course, was news of the crash. Others have said all that can be said and better than I could have. I can only add an Amen.

The second gut punch were reports that the world-class aircraft collection at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach might be up for sale. I attended their recent "Warbirds Over the Beach" show (my first visit to MAM), and I was blown away by this unbelievable facility and I was looking forward to attending their (now cancelled) WWI show in October. I had hoped the reports were untrue, but an article yesterday in The Virginia-Pilot newspaper (http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/va-beach-museum-owner-selling-plane-collection) seems to remove all doubt.

I'm still determined to offer up an image (taken at MAM) for comments here, but it'll take a few more days.

Certainly not what I had planned for my debut on the forum, but, as the poster said, we'll all "Keep Calm and Carry On."

Jun 25, 2013 at 09:44 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password